cheap brushless

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmaxx 3.3 boss

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I'm looking to race a brushless car, i have about 200-250$, i want good quality, and be able to find parts on my lhs

---------- Post added at 4:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 4:10 PM ----------

also looking to not have to fix it overy time it wrecks

---------- Post added at 4:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 4:12 PM ----------

also which should i get car or truggy

When looking at rc's, I use the breast implant method. You wanna pay a lil more up front so you don't have to spend a bunch of money later correcting the mistakes made the first time. :)

You can't deny that it's the truth though.

Your not gonna find anything good quality in the 1/10 or 1/8 scales for 250 bucks. I'm not sure you could find something "race quality" in a mini for $250. If you give us what scale you're looking to race we could probably give you some ideas on the less expensive race quality models but they will be more than what you're looking at. I agree with alpinehyperlite, save up your money and get some good right from the start. It will cost you less money in the long run.

As for Buggy vs. Truggy find out what is being raced more in your area. If they are both being raced alot then personally Id go for the Truggy cuz they make better bashers incase you decide to bash a little bit.

you can get the dynamite fuse red brushless system for like 115 bucks its not bad just takes some getting used to ie programing the esc. it has more power than the traxxas velineon 3500. velineon is 3500 kv and the fuze is 3800 kv. and comes with esc and all for around $115

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product...ed-T41-Brushless-RTR-1-10-Truck-w-24GHz-Radio

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product...ed-B41-Brushless-RTR-1-10-Buggy-w-24GHz-Radio

Those are your quality options for brushless under $250

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

And with those you should be able to find parts and hop-ups easily as your lhs, as both are common with racers. If you have a nearby race track, you can probably race them. They may even have a stock/spec class where they will be competitive.

I run the Fuze on my SCX-10 and it's really good in that application.

Those two Team Associated rc10s are really good, and as things break you can replace them with upgrades to turn it into the factory team model. Then you got a n excellent race worthy truggy or buggy. With that price though your going to need to factor in some good batteries and charger. I picked up a Traxxas Bandit VXL, I didnt have a charger our any batteries and it came with both. Its not as good for racing as those Team Associated's but I also want to bash with it in the winter and it's water proof so. After I do a season of racing if I like it, I think I'm going to go with one rc10 buggy but the factory team. Oh yeah the charger the Bandit came with sucks, 8 hours to charge a 3300mah battery, so I just waited until my rc budget had enough money in to get a good charger and lipo. But for the month and a half I did use the charger it did do the job, just really slowly.

my buddy runs the fuse on a bandit and its smokin fast

I thought he was looking for an entire brushless RTR kit to race with for less than 250 not just the bushless/ESC combo. my bad.

sorry i thought he was just looking to upgrade

B/T4.1 is a great rc for someone whose is interesting in getting into racing. as long as you don't drive it into a wall or land on an aarm, you shouldn't be replacing parts too often. I've had my t4.1 for 3 months and have broken a front aarm and a rear aarm. one upgrade you will need to do is upgrade to titanium turnbuckles and rpm turnbuckle ends

Last edited:
B/T4.1 is a great rc for someone whose is interesting in getting into racing. as long as you don't drive it into a wall or land on an aarm, you shouldn't be replacing parts too often.

I can't help but chuckle to the BOLD in your reply, not sure how you acomplish this while your racing and or bashing..

Maybe 1/4 throttle on a flat paved lot or something lol..:hehe:

well i have never bashed it, its only been on tracks. before i put a tekin in it.... the stock motor setup was slow enough so it never quite gets up to speed. its almost impossible to get this car, with the stock set up, over 3 ft of air. i have a friend that breaks his chassis and aarms every time we go to the track. its all about how good of a driver you are ;)

Back