Axial AX-10 Ready-To-Crawl

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Axial is at it again, another RC Rock Crawler. This time a Ready-To-Crawl version of the ever popular Axial AX10 scorpion kit! The new Axial AX-10 Scorpion rc rock crawler is fully ready to rock crawl right out of the box! With the new Axial AX-10 RTC rc rock crawler, Axial has done a lot of things right to improve the basic AX-10 kit.

For starters Axial has added a slipper clutch to reduce gear wobble for a much more efficient drivetrain and also increases the...

Click to continue

wish there was more info on te esc. also i think they should have done the smart thing and made it come with atleast a rear dig to give the losi a run for its money. its nice,yes, but its still not a full comp rig.

their still sayingaround the end of may for the losi.

Thanks, Lloyd! I DO like this little kit, but I am not too keen on the plastic lower links and the plastic shock bodies. But the bodies ARE threaded. I dunno. Maybe the plastic links are better? They kinda look like 1:1 ladder bars...

BTW--The body closely resembles that of the Losi MRC, which is not comp legal. Will this body be legal?

I think if they wanted to stay with Proline tires they should have upgraded to Chisel's and got rid of the old stuff that just is not cutting it, But at least they swapped out the rock racer 27t motor for a 55t rock crawler motor, It is for sure a jump in the right direction but they could have done a lot more with it IMO...

wish there was more info on te esc. also i think they should have done the smart thing and made it come with atleast a rear dig to give the losi a run for its money. its nice,yes, but its still not a full comp rig.

I agree - they did miss the mark in my opinion w/o including some kind of dig unit. With the Losi rc rock crawler supposedly to be released soon (heard that before) I think Axial would be better off to offer something like that as well.

That said, I don't think Axials plan was to make this a competition crawler out of the box. For someone wanting to try out the hobby with little to no effort the ready to crawl version is perfect and does just that. This kit gets those people in the door and then Axial can open those people up to the wide range of upgrades Axial also offers. It's a win/win for Axial.

For what the kit is, I like it. I think it's much better then the orginial kit version just for the sheer fact that they got rid of that horrible body :D

Axial was very smart to get the jump on the rock crawling craze. They have pretty much dominated it ever since their first one came out and now that they have a ready to run version I think all it will do is make them even more popular.

I agree - they did miss the mark in my opinion w/o including some kind of dig unit. With the Losi rc rock crawler supposedly to be released soon (heard that before) I think Axial would be better off to offer something like that as well.

That said, I don't think Axials plan was to make this a competition crawler out of the box. For someone wanting to try out the hobby with little to no effort the ready to crawl version is perfect and does just that. This kit gets those people in the door and then Axial can open those people up to the wide range of upgrades Axial also offers. It's a win/win for Axial.

For what the kit is, I like it. I think it's much better then the orginial kit version just for the sheer fact that they got rid of that horrible body :D

yeah true. plus there are alot of rumors that Axial is coming out with a MOA rig, wich would be a huge step in crawling for the fact that it would have TONS of aftermarket support.

Back