Active Vehicle Control by Spektrum

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
If you haven't seen this yet then you need to sit and watch this video. This is some very cool technology being introduced into R/C from Horizon Hobby and Spektrum RC.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oPH42LwvqY"]Spektrum RC AVC (Active Vehicle Control) Technology - Overview - YouTube[/ame]

AVC or Active Vehicle Control features:

• Heading Hold - maintains direction anytime you release the steering which essentially keeps your car or truck running straight.
  • Throttle Management - similar to traction control found in full size cars. Changes throttle as traction is lost.
  • Fully Adjustable - From 0% to 100% activated and can be changed on the fly.

Right now AVC is only available on the Vaterra Halix and Losi TEN Rally.

I would love to incorporate this system into "project insanity"

They should have these RXs available soon. They are similar to the aircraft AS3X system.

Very similar to the Heli Gyro used for "Heading Hold". I've often wondered what that would do if connected to the steering in a ground vehicle.

My only problem with this new technology is that it takes out a LOT of hard learned experience and driver skill when it comes to racing.
I have a feeling it won't be allowed for that.

Probably not, Rolex. But, They do allow similar type of gyros on Mini-Zs and dNanos.

Very similar to the Heli Gyro used for "Heading Hold". I've often wondered what that would do if connected to the steering in a ground vehicle.

A lot of people use gyros, mostly in drifting but I've heard of them being put in high speed rigs.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I was looking for that video but could not find it. Is it pretty cool to watch in action.

That is some really cool stuff though. Nitro needs to come out with something better than electric and fast! Everybody is converting to electric just for technology like that!

I was looking for that video but could not find it. Is it pretty cool to watch in action.

That is some really cool stuff though. Nitro needs to come out with something better than electric and fast! Everybody is converting to electric just for technology like that!

All of that is in the rx, so it should work on a nitro rig.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Maybe I'm old fashion but I don't want any help controlling my rigs.

Sensors are built into the receiver.

Traction control basically kicks in when the sensor receives a signal from the esc that the motor rpm’s spike faster then it normally would with good traction. The receiver then reduces the throttle input to the esc to help keep down tire spin.
It’s just the opposite of ABS in some systems that prevent the motor from locking up the brakes. No esc on a Nitro, so traction control will still have to be managed with the throttle finger.

Heading control isn’t all it’s cracked up to be unless it’s different then a gyro. I don’t even use a gyro anymore on my fast rc’s, I find them more controllable with the steering sensitivity/expo set to my liking.
I tried a gyro on a Savage on an offroad track once for 1 tank of fuel, that’s all it took for me to remove it. Very strange feeling when the rig you become accustomed to driving starts doing strange things without any steering input.
You may get use to it if you got a lot of run time with it, but for me it was just too odd.

Hello everyone my spektrum radio cuts out and won't turn my wheels and throttle off and on like every thirty seconds anyone help me out

Back