Savage X 4.6 Big Block RTR Fuel???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dirttrackin280h

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi,

I will be receiving my Hpi Savage X 4.6 Big Block RTR truck on Wednesday of next week, and I would like to know what brand of Nitro fuel and what oil % you guys recommend? I'm not sure if it will tell me in the instructions what type of fuel to run or not, so i'm asking ahead of time. Thanks guys!

i would go for some 20% , its always a good choice. good luck and have fun bashing my friend.

20% nitro/12% oil generally is a good fuel to run for bashing. Trinity MHP 20% and byrons 20% have worked well for me.

I second what Olds recommends; I run the Trinity MHP 20% stuff, and it's great. Easy to tune on, and very consistent from bottle to bottle.

Thanks for the replies. What do you all think about the O'Donnell 20% fuel?? Anyone have experience with that? Thats the fuel my local hobby shop is trying to sell me. I will make sure to look for the Trinity and Byrons fuel when I go in the store to purchase. Sorry for the newbie questions. This will be my first Nitro RC. Thanks

Of the three; trinity, byrons, and odonells, I'd look for them in that order. The MHP Trinity is perhaps the best of the three (in my opinion). Byrons would be my second choice... O'Donnels, I really didn't like. Blue Thunder, Red Alert, and other fuels, I really didn't like at all.

I run Trinity 25% in my savage. Its cheaper than Byrons or O'Donnels at my LHS and works very well.

I use Tornado 30% it spices it up a little

Odonnels smells like burnt gun powder when it comes out of the exhaust. Compared to all the others I've run, it's much less smelly... A buddy of mine used to run it and it seemed to work just fine for him.