RB Concepts S7 Europa Review

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitroaddict

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
About 10 days ago, I purchased an S7 for my buggy and a Rody C5 for my Slide. We wont speak about the Rody, since we all know that it is a baddass sonuvabitch. This is more for the unexpected surprise I got with the the S7.

I was hesitant to get the S7 due to the fact that so many others decided to go with the WS7 II. But the price was 100.00 difference, and I dont race too much with the buggy. Brought the engine home and did a visual inspection. Top notch, just as the others I have gotten. Bear in mind that this is the first Non- Modified RB engine I have purchased. I planned on running 30% in this engine, so I added 2 .1mm head shims per RB's recommendation as well as switching to an RB7 plug. I followed the break in proceedure per RB's chart, which reads as follows:

Start engine, and let idle for one tank of fuel on preset factory settings. These settings are quite lean to facilitate ease of run-in. Engine fired on the first hit of the box, and did not stall once, for the entire 20 minutes it sat at idle. Temp reached 180. Let cool. Richened the HSN 1.5 turns and the LSN 1 turn. Ran at WOT with these settings, which still barely let the vehicle run due to over rich conditions, for 3 tanks of fuel. Verify temp is approx 160. Leaned HSN 1/2 turn and LSN 1/4 turn. Ran again for 3 tanks of fuel, temp was approx 180. Leaned HSN 1/2 turn, did not adjust LSN. Ran again for 3 tanks of fuel, temp was maintaned at 195. Tuned for max power, engine run-in complete.

This engine, once tuned, is amazing. It is slightly more powerful on the top end than the RZ, and has far more low end grunt. ll the while, temps running about 215-225. Engine starts the first time, everytime, and maintains idle indefinetly.

I would strongly recommend this engine to anyone. I have been told that other Nova based engines, such as the sirio .21pro, rex p5, ect.... are equally as good.

Overall this engine earns top marks in my book all the while coming in at a bargin basement price of only 215.00

Is this the new S7 2? or is it the S7 original?

Original S7 Europa I think. Black cooling head, says C5 on the block. The 7port.

Ok it's the previous model the new one has the Orange/Gold head. I was looking to get the new S7 2 after i finish my new Micro project. Gotta see for myself what all the hype over Rody engines are. all those people cannot be wrong as I know so many people here and in person that swear by the engines and support Rody gives.

First - Let me remind you that this engine is NOT a rody. However, the C5 and V12 I have are. The support is nothing short of amazing for any of them. Not only does Rody himself answer your questions on his website within an hour at the most, but he will also speak with you on the phone (if u can afford the tab, he's in France), or via email. He is nice, polite, and takes his time with each Rody engine owner. Compound all this with the fact that my LHS is a distributor, so they have all the engines in stock, and have the rebuild kits, parts, plugs ect as well. Lest we not forget the awesome performance and reliability i have had so far. I am a die hard fan. Many others are too.
One thing to note though - not sure if there is some sort of agreement or what, but its impossible to find a deal on pricing with one. I checked around and every hobbyshop was within a dollar or two of the others.

Any great product usually has a pricing agreement, just look at the diamond market.

What is the diff between a Rody engine and a RB engine as I though it was the same thing?

No no, very different.

RB Concepts engines are Nova based, just as your Sirio, and made in France by RB Products. Rody Roem, 5 time world champion on and off road driver has now contracted with RB Concepts to modify there engines on a factory level. Currently, he only modifies the C5 and V12.

To give you some indication on price difference:

Std V12 costs 219.00, Rody V12 is 325.00
Std C5 costs 315.00, Rody Dyno C5 is 525.00

Although not endorsed by RB concepts or rody, an independent dyno on the V12 reported a reading of 1.45hp, and 1.69 on the Rody version.

Other than the standard internal mods, such as porting, polishing, crank mods, ect.... New larger cooling heads are installed, and special anodized blocks are used to signify the modded engines. Rody Roem also hand signs all the modded engines on the top of the cooling head.

Sorry post isnt that detailed, but i accidently erased the good one, and didnt feel like typing it all again.

Knowing how powerful and fast the C5 is, I only hear the Rody C5 is even more insane and I can't imagine it even being drivable unless there's skill behind that pistol grip.

I've got the reg. S7 w/ pullstart mod. It's awesome. Starts up w/ no problems.

Best buy I've made so far.

Originally posted by Nitroaddict
No no, very different.

RB Concepts engines are Nova based, just as your Sirio, and made in France by RB Products. Rody Roem, 5 time world champion on and off road driver has now contracted with RB Concepts to modify there engines on a factory level. Currently, he only modifies the C5 and V12.

To give you some indication on price difference:

Std V12 costs 219.00, Rody V12 is 325.00
Std C5 costs 315.00, Rody Dyno C5 is 525.00

Although not endorsed by RB concepts or rody, an independent dyno on the V12 reported a reading of 1.45hp, and 1.69 on the Rody version.

Other than the standard internal mods, such as porting, polishing, crank mods, ect.... New larger cooling heads are installed, and special anodized blocks are used to signify the modded engines. Rody Roem also hand signs all the modded engines on the top of the cooling head.

Sorry post isnt that detailed, but i accidently erased the good one, and didnt feel like typing it all again.

umm dewd bad info! rb stands for rody and bridget (his wifE), and the motors arent novarossi based, they are just manufactured to his specs (rb's) there

all the "tuned by rody" is a modified version of the engine

Last edited:
Okay. Normally, I do not respond to posts that start with "umm dewd" but felt compelled here. (1)Thank you on the definition of RB concepts, I did not know that, however, The general consensus of my post is still correct. The standard RB engine and the RB Rody engine are not the same. The Rody is a modified version of the engine by Rody Roem himself. (2)I am sorry to disagree, but the RB Concepts engine is a nova based engine. The block has the stamping of the Novarossi, and the carbs say NOVA on them as well. The warrenty information and packaging paperwork also states they are manufactured in Italy. RB Concepts is based in Allevard, France. (3)Finally, most of what I post is quite accurate and very up to par, but just like anyone else, I am prone to making mistakes. I think a slightly more professional comment by you would have been more appropriate, rather than the rude one posted above. Thank you.

straight from the mans mouth (rody)

"To answer some earlier questions, the cases and back plates are manufactured by NovaRossi, using specifications and molds supplied by RB Concept..."

Please dont take my last post as a flame or what not, that wasn't my intent. :stick:

no problems, slothy. As you state above - you can see that the engine is nova based. RB gives specification requests to Novarossi and it is built for them by novarossi.

RB's are Nova based, as well as dozens of other engines out there.

thank you FRB

on a side note - i just found out the other day that a razorback is a type of pig. Never knew that. Gives you sig a whole new meaning........

I'm looking into buying a new engine but I'm not sure what to get. a couple of months ago i bought a novarossi rx21 r1wc its a beast of a motor and i was running it in a super nitro rs4. it ran a good 80 mph but recently traded the engine it for a new era pro stock car. I'm looking at the rb collari. but by the sounds of it the rody sounds like a good buy. i also found a sirio sp21prpro with 2.99 hp at 44000 rpm. which is faster? or a better buy? rb, sirio, novarossi???? please help

isnt the collari the on road version of the c5 anyway ? 1005-c and the buggy 1005-b ?

the collari modified C5 is another RB engine, but there is also a collari .21 as well - only a so so engine. The RB Rody TEAM C5 is the best bet for on road, the standard RODY C5 for off road.

There are 3 different .21 Collari engines. A 3, 5, and 7 port that I know of. I have not seen any of them run, but I have read good things about the 7 port.

For racing I don't know if I would say the C5 (Rody or standard) is the best available offroad engine. Yes it has power, but I also like an engine to run more than 5 1/2 minutes per tank of gas. The C5's are hogs when it comes to fuel. I ran a Medial Pro M2K this past weekend and it is equally as powerful on the top as the C5, and equal to the P5 on the bottom. After 5 minutes it still had a 1/4 tank of fuel left, which plays a large part in racing when you get into 30 and 45 minute mains.

good point, FRB, i also love the M2K. I should have stated my answer better, since this was an RB Concepts thread - i was referring to which RB engine was the best for each application.

Back