Hyper 21 8 Port

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deadbody

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Well i just got mine in today and have only 1 question? I noticed that the carb is backwards..is it ok to flip the carb over so i can hook up the inkage..I'm sure it is i was just wondering about the fuel line hookup facing forward..thanks for anyhelp

yes its ok to flip it as long as it clears everything and the fuel line doesn't get caught anywhere

Let me know if you have a hard time pulling that pullstart. We had a hard time starting it the first few tanks. I wonder if its a common thing.

Congrats on the engine! It kicks A$$!

deadbody,

Flipping the carb will not hurt anything, it will just make it easier to tune.

Let us know what you think of the new engine...I plan on ordering mine sometime after I get back from Spring Break. :D

-WoodiE

Originally posted by WoodiE
sometime after I get back from Spring Break. :D

-WoodiE

sounds like you already started spring break a little early. :hehe:

I've had my Hyper for about a week now, I'm just waiting on a 16t clutch bell, so I can do everything all at once.

The stock clutch bell for the savage is a 15t, correct? While I don't own the hyper 21 8 port, I do own the old no frills hyper 21 and am using it on my t-maxx while running. One thing I did notice about my hyper 21 was that it took an outragous (spelling) amount of fuel to break in but once it was broken in the thing screams. Just a warning that may or may not hold true for the 8 port. Hopefully I'll get one as soon as I kill my stock engine in my savage.

Pirata, with the way you kill things, that might be pretty darn soon. :D

Deadbody, yes. Most people do a carb flip to gain easier access to the needles on their carb. In this case, it seems a necessity just to complete the install. Aside from the mentions made about making sure that none of the fuel line gets snagged by things, make sure when you put the carb back in that you get a good snug seal around the carb neck. Don't want to induce air leaks.

man this engine suxx..how easy i forgot how hard it is to get a new engine started..this thing is horrible..after 2 hours I'm done..try tomorrow..any pointers anyone..hehe thanks

Try a different plug and get a 1.5v hobby dry cell to use as a glo ignitor. What % fuel are you running?

So you are having a hard time getting that thing started too? It is a real B*tch to get started the first time. After about 5 tanks it finally go easier to pull. We added 2 washers under the glowplug instead of one to ease the compression, and dont fallow the instructions. They are wrong.

well in my quest to get this mother started i tried adjusting the needles to what factory says cuz fuel was pooring out of the exhaust and when i loosend the glow plug to just get that short azz pull handle out i figured it was flooding to much. i get off work in about 4 hours so I'm dreading getting this thing started

I heard this from my LHS and also from one of the other guys that run with us that the instructions were wrong. I found out myself that they were from when we were breaking in my cousins hyper 8port. It says for the LSN to set it at something like 5 out from flush. From flush? Not closed? The darn needle almost fell out of the carb. After that, I just winged it and tuned by sound, temp and glowplug reading.

I guess so. I remember that's what was wrong with my savage when I put the lsn back in after I cleaned the carb I thought I had put it at the factory setting but the screw was only a hair from coming out. It guess I had not set it right, oh well, I developed some serious forearms as a result so it was not a total loss.

I still want to know what % of fuel he is running as well as what glo starter and if he threw a diff plug in.

For those of you who havent tried one, pick up a 1.5v hobico (or any other brand) hobby battery along with the glo igntor that attaches with alligator clips. NOTHING, and I mean, NOTHING, will work better. You would not believe what a difference it makes when trying to start a stubborn mill.

well its a good thing that ofna is giving away free pull starts cuz i broke the damn thing..so i had to improvise..i drilled a hole through the rear shock tower large enough for a 3/8 extension put a 7/16 socket on and hooked it up to my cordless drill..talk about only 3 secs and vroom....i wish i did that yesterday cuz it got too dark and i only let it idle 3 times for 3 min each..tomorow ill get some road time hopefully..so the plan is to get a new pull start and replace the rear shock tower..