Who makes the best hobby tools?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davetfft

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I've had a few allens wear out and a ball end or two snap so I'm wondering if there is a consensus on who makes the best hex tools?

Any opinions?

Dave

Integy...

.... :hehe:

If you want "The Best"... you want Hudy.

I agree with H8z though.. for the money, Dynamite is top notch. Majority of my r/c tools are Dynamite.

I use the Integy TiNi tools....been using them for over 4 years since i've been in the hobby and have only replaced 3 tips....2 of which were from me reafing on it at an awkward angle

I have two sets of Dynamites with rubber handles and fixed tips and one set of alum handles with replaceable tips. I've had great luck with the rubber handled ones, the others are fairly weak.

Hudy is the best for sure, but I think EDS is the best value. They perform VERY VERY well....for like 40% of the cost of the Hudy tools!

EDS, Hudy, Losi, dynamite. All make great tools.

I've had all but the first. Losi's hold up for a good long while (their standard TiNi coated handhelds). I've had the same set for 8 or 9 years. The handles look like crap, but they still all have good bite on them.

I may try losi's 1/4" drive set next. I have OFNA's, but they don't bite well and are warped.

i've been using the same Losi set for going on four yrs. they look great and the tips are replaceable if i ever break one. another option is a set of 'T' handles from Lowes. i picked up a set from 1mm to i think 10mm for under 25 bucks. so far they've worked out great for when i need more torque to break a screw loose.

The t-handle ones are ok for the short haul and occasional use, but they aren't as hard as the hobby grade tools you can get, so they round off quicker which translates to more stripped screws that shouldn't be stripped.

Don't get me wrong, like you, I have a few laying around because they are long and let you get into areas you usually can't with the shorter wrenches.

Bang for the buck, Dynamite red handles.

Last edited:
Hudy is the best, with the best price, but EXI is the best for value. I can buy ten sets or more for what I pay for Hudy's 1 set. They are precision ground to fit the hex head of standard screws, any time you can hold the screw with the tool it is close tolerances. They have a long shank (which is adjustable) and appear to be made from a type of tool steel. EXI's do have a small handle which can make it hard to tighten down on the larger screws. A 15 piece tool set for $29.00 is well worth the chance.

http://www.hobbypartz.com/exitools.html

Back