carb restrictor

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j0olz

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i have a carb restrictor on my picco bp-01 comp. i was thinking about pulling it out and seeing wut happens. will it affect speed and torque? its a monster as it is. will i have to change my setup if i do pull it? Are there any bad side effects (ex. overheating)?

GET THAT THING OUTA THERE!!!!!! A carb restrictor is reducing your horespower by restricting fuel and air flow. You pull it, and you wil have to retune your engine drastically, but it will add a lot of performance. Also you don't have to worry about it overheating unless you run it to lean. Just be generous with the high speed needle, its a very fast engine, and unless your racing you don't need to lean it out to its maximum potential.

nice, will i have to alter my setup to handle that power and speed? ( thicker swaybars, lighter shock fluid, pin tires...)

Depends, your buggy will be running much faster.There is no ideal suspension setup so that should only be changed if you feel it needs to be. The only thing you might encounter are drivetrain problems. First, what buggy are you running and what modifications do you have done to it?

this engine is on my kyosho kanai 2. ITs a great handler, but I'm just afraid that it will dig its wheels into the ground or something with all that power. i took it out and it works like a demon straight outta hell.

you don't have to worry about anything with a kanai 7.5. Those are great buggies, should hold up to most anything.

Back