Throttle stuck open??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swarmjt

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
get this... throttle servo is working and brakes do work, but when i start truck, it just goe full throttle.. i can steer but can't control throttle and brakes are useless.. what should i look at? the throttle is responding when the truck isn't running. lol.. when i start it..the truck just goes and the the engine revs up and goes..what do i need to look at?

are you sure your idle isn't just set to high?

for the car to just take off?? and go full throttle without me touching the controler?

ok, first what do you mean buy shut off? do you mean engine off and electronics on? Or do you mean engine off and electronics off?

controlers and car is on.. i start the engine and there it goes...off in a distance

your throttle trim is set to high......

ok, turn the cars electronics on, but dont start the engine...... pull off the air filter and check the carbs opening.......when the trigger is NOT being pulled, it should hace like a 1.5 mm gap.

lol..it is like a quarter of an inch gap..lol!!!!

no wonder it took off like a bat outta hell

yep, just reset your throttle trim/ or the idle screw and you be fine.

Its real easy to inadvertently hit that trim dial while running or between runs.....so my be is the throttle trim......as was stated above.

Bash on!!

Talon

lol.don't worry talon it wasn't the revo.. it was my nitro evader