Iroc Body

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FSTFBDY

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I use to have a SRS4 I was gona use this body on but I got rid of the srs4.

anyways.. What I want to know is Where can I get sheets of lexan to replicate this body. I have a vacuume pump and heat lamp to make a few replicas.

I picke dup the body used. whats the best way to strip the paint off with out messing up the lexan?

IrocRCBody.gif

IrocRCBody2.gif

Nobody has done this befor?

I had to make lexan boat molds at my last job and it was easy. I wish I still worked there to get sheets of lexan. :(

Try these guys, they even have 3 Ohio locations. They are one opf a few I've found that sell lexan down to .030/.040/.060 and actually have sheet available big enough for 10th scale cars, 4x8 sheets though.

I used to pull HO slot car bodies all the time.

As for the paint, will it effect your mold? If so I'd try some enamel thinner dabbed on it with a brush. Chances are, judging by how it's painted they didn't even use the right paint.

I've heard that chrome can be taken off rc tires with non-watered down simple green overnight, just soaking. Thats what I would reccomend, that poop is strong. Soak it, if stuffs still there it should be relatively loose, just scrub. I'm not sure about this, so maybe someone can concur.:ponder:

Originally posted by Wardo
Try these guys, they even have 3 Ohio locations. They are one opf a few I've found that sell lexan down to .030/.040/.060 and actually have sheet available big enough for 10th scale cars, 4x8 sheets though.

I used to pull HO slot car bodies all the time.

As for the paint, will it effect your mold? If so I'd try some enamel thinner dabbed on it with a brush. Chances are, judging by how it's painted they didn't even use the right paint.

I guess a link would be needed, eh......LOL

Lexan sheeting

Dude that Iroc is actually pretty sweet. Would look good with a set of HPI 5 star rims in chrome to offset the body. AS far as pounding out a new body, I am interested to see what and how you do it. Hopefully you will post some pics and such sort of a how to on how you did it. Later

I can't wait to see this done!!

dude! sweet body! where did u get that??? I've never seen it online b4 for sale.

This is both exciting, and depressing to me. Very interested in the project, but pissed its an Iroc as I am a 5.0L fan, and can't find that they ever made a 5.0L body. Good luck on the project. Iroc, or not LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

some one here did a 5.0 body..I think it was imbroken?? it was sweet. gold w/carbon fiber hood and wing

Yes, I did, but you beat me to it to point that out.
One year later, the question, "How did this come out?"

If you are still waiting for an answer, it's long since been destroyed.

Wish those Pics worked. Nice find Zandor. I sent I'm Broken a PM. Hopefully he still has pics, and will post them. I've been half-a$$ searching for a 5.0L body for a while. If anyone finds one for sale let me know.

Yeah see that is one hell of a nice paint job, but like the Iroc in this thread is an older style I want an 87-93 foxbody 5.0L mustang shell as I have two of them in 1:1 scale, and I'd like to paint a matching shell for my MTX-3.