VX-18 engine factory settings Plz help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joseph penna

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
i'm new to the world of nitro cars (I'm 14) and i lost the factory needle settings for a VX-18 2.95cc engine (its in a 2speed 4wd hsp warhead) can any one help me Plz.

Thanks joe:)

Start with the high speed needle. Close it all the way douwn (turn to the right) then back it off 2 1/2 turns. After you get it running you may need to richen it up some more by opening it until you get the good ole blue smoke when accelerating.

Regards,

hey thx for that do you happen to know the idle settings too?

thx again
joe :)

Actually I have 4 HSP vehicles and never had to adjust the low speed but I think it is the same.

The carb opening should be set at 1mm for idle.

yer i tried starting it and the engine starts ok but then it revs flat and goes full speed and if you even touch the brakes it stops an ideas

i must be really bad at this

joe:(:\

if it stops when you hit the brakes , sound like your throttle linkage maybe to tight to the servo ...make sure the servo doesn't push on the throttle linkage when its in the neutral position then adjust your idle screw like the others said ..i had that problem with my Revo 3.3 when i got it ...i could not lower the idle to where i wanted because the servo was always pushing the carb open a bit ....so when i hit the brakes, the carb would close fully and kill the engine

hope it helps a bit

Sounds good to me! does anyone know the horsepower of a VX.18cxp engine? I think they give two ratings at the flywheel and the rear tires please specify. Thanks

Back