help me please

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmaxxb0y

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hi i have a tmaxx 3.3 4909 and i had to replace some parts on it did not touch the engine or transmission and when i start the engine it seems like it is turning the wrong way becuase when i turn the spur gear the way the engine is turning it does nothing but if turn the spur gear the other way the truck will move forward WHAT IS GOING ON IT IS DOIN MY HEAD IN :angry:

what did you replace? these engines will run in reverse rotation, but it will run poorly and it pretty hard to do if your using the electric start setup.

tmaxx

i replaced bulkheads at the front as they were totally broke and i had snapped the bell crank and replaced it:)

if u have reverse-the truck will not move forward b/c its freewheeling on the trans gears-the engine has to be running and get the rpms up b4 the gears engage and rc nitro engines do run counterclockwise-when looking at the engine from the front-the carb is in front-the flywheel will turn counterclockwise-i suggest a forward only conversion to evryone i try to help w/ t-maxx tranny problems. good luck

didnt think about that!! if you still have reverse as he said, then it will freespin up to a certain RPM

it does not have reverse it has a disc brake i am finkin it is sumthing to do with the tranny sumthing might of come loose

r u sure the reverse is gone-is the opti drive stuff still in it. if you disconnected the ez-start-make sure the red and black wires go where they are suppose to go-if backwards-I'm not sure what will happen-but it will most likely spin backwards(clockwise).also when u spin the spur gear by hand-thats the one-way bearing inside the trans-doing its job-thats why the wheels will move if u spin one way and not move if you spin the other.all t-maxx's w/ or w/o reverse all have disc brakes up front.good luck

Haven't people installed the gear box in reverse before? So a FOC truck would only go reverse? I have heard that quite a few times...

Back