Car Wont Turn On???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saidin270

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys I was bashing my truck around the house over the weekend since I finally got all the stuff to run it :). Well I accidently ran it into a light pole in our front yard and broke an arm to the front wheel. No big deal a few bucks and some shipping time and I have a set of new aluminum arms :). But aftet the wreck my car hasnt turned on. Before when I turned on the car after turning on the remote it would make a noise and you could tell it was on. I checked all the wires and they are all connected but when I mess with the remote it doesn't do anything. Could my servos be damaged from the impact? I wasn't driving it fast and it really didn't hit that hard; its hit harder from jumps. Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong??

so niether of the sevos work?

like always, check the batteries

Check the batteries. Make sure they aren't unplugged or dislodged.

Also, it's possible you have either dislodged or broke your receiver crystal. A huge impact like that can jolt the hell out of it and cause reception issues.

And another worst-case would be a damaged receiver. If you have another compatible one available, swap them out to see if it makes a difference.

And double check all your wires and plugs to make sure a wire hasn't pulled or broken.

I checked the batteries to make sure they weren't dislodged but they were fine. I'm thinking my servos are bad.....which I dont understand how that could happen since these cars are made to take a beating. I'll have to check my crystal just to make sure its not just that. If my servos are bad how much are they? I would need two since both my throttle and steering don't work.