Breaking Bumper Mount Screws

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitrojunkie

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
First thing to break on my truck was the two screws in the front of the bumper, had to buy new bumper supports. So then to prevent this I put slightly longer stainless screws in.

Ripped it out today and broke on of the rear screws.

Any solutions dont want to put ali parts on as I think the bumper needs to flex a little.

Maybe I should land on my wheels. My learning curve is steep but when jumping in a new location S**t happends and it flips out.

Is this common. found nothing on the subject.

I've never broke one.. any my bumpers are scarred from landing on them.. the fronts do have a bend though..

oh just me:depress: anyone else have bumper problems

Sounds like your landing on your bumper, if this is the case then expect to break stuff, more so the bumper, but also breaking the bulk heads is possible too.

If anything I'd stick with the plastic bumper, easy to fix and cheap to replace. After that I would work on your landing skills!

-WoodiE

I'm just trying to jump bigger than my skill. Although I have found bigger jump easier to land as you have more time to level the car.

Useually flips when there is debris on the ramp (ramping of mud hills not flat bit of wood)

guess I'm going a little too nuts. sometimes it seams unbreakable and then snap it wasn't.

Back