buggy to truggy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stang50

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
can anyone please let me know how and what i will need to change my ofna lx comp 1/8 buggy in to a truggy thank you

If MSR made a kit you will need that, otherwise, you're going to have to find the parts that fit including a chassis and make it all yourself. I don't know that I've ever seen or heard of anyone converting that buggy into a truggy.

I did, I did!!!!

look here
http://perfplusparts.netfirms.com/conkit.html

Contact him. He has the option of boring the spur to fit the center diff, which is what I did. And get spares.
I used his kit(you NEED to regear) some Monster pirate body mounts, some ofna wheel extenders(go 15mm) and some Dominator rims, you can use any offset rim, but when I did it the only production truggy around was the SUT.Look up my posts from 04-05 about my truggy....

Well, there ya go. I remember that thing you had, just didn't know what it was! LOL

I don't know if it would be worth it... I was all excited about either converting my MBX-5 to MSR or just getting a whole MSR kit, so i got the extra kit. And let me tell you, unless you get wide arms, your car will handle so bad its not even fun to drive. Every time i turned with it, i went on 2 wheels because the wheel base was so skinny. The wheels rubbed the body sometimes when i turned aswell.

I am just saying it would be a lot more worth it to get a cheap truggy roller. And you get 2 cars instead of one in the end.

LOL, yes, they dont handle as WELL as the new crop of truggies. As for going on 2 wheels, NO, I never had that problem. I did place 3Rd in my season points series the year I ran mine, so it did perform well. Thats why you need the spacers, that way you dont rub the body. It will take a good $100+ depending on rim/tire choice to convert correctly.

OFNA has the Dominator and Mutilator truggys, would be a better choice and youd had a few common parts with your buggy.

is it not better buying a truggy instead of converting
by the look of this thread u could spend allot of money converting true?
and u could keep the buggy :)

Well, it depends on what budget he has!!!!! It is easy to say keep the buggy and just get a truggy. The converted Ofna is not the best RACE truggy around, but if you tired of the buggy, go for it. You COULD forgo the REGEAR in favor of some Komoto Dragon LP's. I personally dont recemend this for racing, but for bashing, it wont kill the clutch without the regear. And I have a set for sale....hint hint.

Back