Ice Ice Ready.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmahh

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
gonna go do a bit of ice thrashing tomorrow with a few other locals. will get more pics and maybe some vid too.

DSCN5047.gif

DSCN5049.gif

DSCN5048.gif

You know I expect vids, right?

That's a nice setup you got on the tires. I can't wait to see the mist that comes off those things when they tear into a slab of cold ice :D

cam and vid corder are chargeing up now. should be 3 of us bajas out there, and likely some quads and bikes too.

Darn this thing is huge :) Did you add the studs yourself to the tires or it's something available for the baja? If you did it yourself, what did you use?

Could be interesting since I live on the shore of a river where they prep the ice for skating every winter!

Very nice!

ya went to the local motorsports shop and picked up 250 KoldKutter ice studs and put them in myself. 20ish bux for a bag of 250. does all 4 tires and gives you some spares (50 or so).

it wasn't too bad, but at 40* the ice was WET as hell. but safe at 15inches thick yet. hardest thing was trying to keep the air filter dry. wasn't too bad but after 15 or 20 mins, it was starting to choke out due to the water saturating the air filter.

Man that Track is BIG. WAY bigger than i hoped it was. i ll be editing and uploading some of the vid i got. wasn't much, as it sat on the dash of my Van while we were getting some runs in.
should have it ready maybe tonight or tomorrow.

thats awsome tim. i ran into the same problems today with the melt over. it was a mess on the lake and didnt even bother. i went to the golf course and it wasn't much better. can't wait for all the "cack" th thow out. I'm ready for some reall bashing

a few pics and the 1st of the 3 vids i was able to do. simple vids no editing, just off the cam to the puter to the google.

DSCN5050.jpg

DSCN5052.jpg

DSCN5053.jpg

DSCN5054.jpg

Mine
DSCN5055.jpg

DSCN5056.jpg

WingNutz
DSCN5061.jpg

Scorpian Unlimiteds 5T
DSCN5060.jpg

DSCN5057.jpg

DSCN5058.jpg

DSCN5059.jpg

vid 1 of 3
[ame]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-192842804980058224&hl=en[/ame]

Vid 3 of 3
[ame]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1538411040552862339&hl=en[/ame]

will post other vid once uploaded and live.

Timmahh

Last edited:
So how much traction did you end up getting with those studs? Reminds me of the time my room mate and I went sledding on a frozen lake up there in MI. 150 mph across a frozen lake on a Yamaha RX-1....that thing was sick!

check the vids and look at the doughnuts being pulled. lol get more slide on the dirt.

Back