revo 2.5r

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Team Castrello

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
WHAT size is the 2.5 in .15 format is it a .18 .21 u no like that

so if its an .15 putting an .21 would make it go realy faster and how hard is the swap and can u even do it

Actually, most .12's and .15's have a higher rpm giving you a higher top speed. As long as the engine is powerful enough to push it. A 21 "drop-in" would give you much better torque and it would get to top speed a lot quicker. It would also let you change the gears so it can go faster.

New Era makes mounts for a big block and a medium block transplant. Both are reported to be average in quality with alittle work needed to make them work. Traxxas is coming out with a kit to put a .21(or similar) big block in. That seems like the ticket! Not out until november.

Last edited:
It's kind of got me excited about the Revo...Traxxas would NEVER have put out a BB conversion kit for the Maxx...maybe this revo is the real deal....I guess I will find out, I have a CMB Raptor engine.....good all around useable power with incredable top end...I can't wait to see my big block revo in action....all I need is the Revo(on the way) and the Conversion kit. I hope the kit makes the revo compatible with most starterboxes and not just revo specific ones.

hudler said:
Traxxas is coming out with a kit to put a .21(or similar) big block in. That seems like the ticket! Not out until november.

I wonder if Traxxas is going to come out with a larger motor??

I doubt that they will, most all their cars and trucks are based on the small block, maybe someday, but not in the near future. IMO

I just got the Sirio23 and it comes with its own engine mount and header.

Hmm just need exhaust!

Back