Associated GT or Losi NT

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flash-R.C

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I'm trying to decide between these 2 stadiums. I want to bash mostly and maybe get into racing. When I get into racing I want the truck that has fairly good aftermarket. I alos want something that is very reliable and will run without much hasle. I will probably run the first couple of months just bashing and get into racing when I need a new engine and get a starter box and a nice racing engine.

Which should I get and why. Can you name some good aftermarket places that are for the car you chose?

Thanks;

Steve

I had the same problem with deciding between the two I ro-sham-boed my self for it Gt came out on top haven't looked back since.

Does it have counter sunk chasis?

Steve

yes it has a countersunk chassis. Its pretty easy to clean it takes me about 10min to clean out all the rabbit crap from a good field bashing. The truck is a very good beginner and intermediate truck it is my first nitro and so far I have only broke 2 things on it the bulkhead and the pullstart. Its a good truck.

Allright, I'll take that in mind. Thanks for the advice.

Steve

no problem, some more food for thought though is that some people say that the Losi handles a little bit better but is a little less durable than the GT.

Ya, I'm all up for durability just not the stock radio. Great aftermarket parts though.

Steve

I have a losi xxxnt and absolutely love it, it was my first rc and I have had very little trouble with it and for racing you dont need any aftermarket stuff for it just go with the AD edition and the whole thing is graphitebut for bashing try www.rctrix.com

You're not going to go wrong with either of those trucks. I have a GT and I love it. But you'll also see the guys who have the XXX-NT love theirs. Right now they are the 2 most successful racing trucks on the market. Tons of hop-ups and engine choices. I would check your local hobby shop to see what parts they carry. Buy the truck that's easier for you to get parts for....

They carry both, so its not a big factor.

Steve

Then it's preference. I picked Associated because I used to run an Associated electric like 20 years ago and it was bulletproof. So I just stayed with them. But either one will bash. And either one will get you across the finish line near the front of the pack if you're good enough.

Ya, well I'm gonna toss a coin or something. Do they both use short shafts on the engine? Chasis countersunk?

Steve

flash - only the AE uses the short shaft mill. I have an RC10GT and just love it, just got another one, factory team in the mail today. The losi is also a great choice. something to look into, just because your LHS carries both trucks does not mean that the LHS carries equal amounts of parts. My LHS has everything u can imagine for the AE, but almost nothing from Losi, even though they carry the XXX-NT RTR. I like the AE, for lots of reasons, but mostly because i have had lots of AE products, and NEVER EVER had a single problem with one.

I like the Idea of the short shaft then you can use any engine and just cut it. I don't really like the standard cause you have to buy engines that are standard and not short. You can also use PS on the GT and not on the NT unless the Pilet is longer.

Steve

Back