MY NEW TOY and it new MSLY HPI 5B

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i talked to him the other day and i know the front shocks took a beating. Possibly a broken shock shaft??? He's got new parts on order from rush and said he was looking at a 3 week eta.

Yep my brother missed all the ones I landed and only got three vids of me crashing...doesn't look big but it was almost 20 ft...oh well.. Carnage report...two broken front shock shafts..2 broken steering tie-rods and thats it..after the one shaft broke i kept driving it til it broke some more haha oh and I can see being layed up in bed took its toll on me...dam I look fat haha
thanx for posting it up kurt.

phx123 said:
Yep my brother missed all the ones I landed and only got three vids of me crashing...doesn't look big but it was almost 20 ft...oh well.. Carnage report...two broken front shock shafts..2 broken steering tie-rods and thats it..after the one shaft broke i kept driving it til it broke some more haha oh and I can see being layed up in bed took its toll on me...dam I look fat haha
thanx for posting it up kurt.

Wasn't there two extra shock shafts in your box?

For the rear..they are longer.....but I am thinkin I'm gonna put them in and use some fuel tubing to take up the extra length. Atleast till the parts come in

So not only did I break the shock shafts I even broke the stupid little c-clips that hold the valve to the shafts..WTF Who has ever broke a c-clip let alone two??

Oh and the c-clips are 3mm..I can't believe with all my Maxx stuff and everything else I have I dont have anything 3mm..oh well hobby store here I come

I'd put some money that its his LHS and that you will prob never go there.

My Local Hobby store on Vancouver Island (west coast of canada) its actually called BC Shaver and Hobbies..

Ah vbgagnon beat me to it...Rush can come all the way here if he wants to...alittle far haha

First five minutes into driving my Baja,I bumped a fence and turned out drivers side shock shaft broke at the lower thread..What the????Anyways,2 days later,parts arrived at my lhs so i got me spare rear tyres and 2 pairs of front shock shafts..take that....I dont want to look at it broken...now i gotta work out how to cure the vaccuum effect it has..
hifillstage2plusnostingerbaja0.jpg

Anyone making tires/wheels for this buggy? I have one on order, will be here in a week or so. I wanted to put on a more aggressive rear tire, like a chevron pattern or something. Something that would work all around in grass, loamy dirt, sand, street (and not break the nubbies off, I hate when I break the nubbies). Any thoughts?

How about these bad boys...........Ramtech i believe.

Attachments

• B45-ChromeRear.jpg
    B45-ChromeRear.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 194
  • B45-SatinFront.jpg
    B45-SatinFront.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 174
  • B45-Side.jpg
    B45-Side.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 189
.30savage said:
How about these bad boys...........Ramtech i believe.

Those wont be out for awhile though.

Those look sweet.... I wonder how much those but beadlocks would cost... I do need new tires already......How bout you Zandor? Hows your tires holding out?