is the savage engine is as powerfull as the trx 2.5?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Way more power than the 2.5cc. The savage uses a 3.5cc engine rated about 2hp whereas the 2.5cc is only rated about 1hp and change.

oohh! ok thanks pirate:eyepatch:

what does "np" stan for?
coolman.gif

Originally posted by El Pirata
You really need to become acquainted with the cyber world!
I'd hate to ask, but whats that?
conf.gif

Hey guys i got a new question for you if my bro got a rs4 rally (which is electric not nitro s basically it sucks) could he put under glow, head lights, and tail lights on it? Flaming edited out...theres a forum for this. NOT HERE -WoodiE

LOL where did that come from

Is he banned?

To answer your question, the Savage has been tested again and again against the T-Maxx 2.5. These tests show that the Savage has quicker starts around turns but the T-Maxx accelerates past it in the straight. These quicker starts are due to the .21 engine while the .15 is tuned for more speed. If you want a truck that accelerates faster out of the box, get the Savage. If all you want is speed, get a nitro car. :beard:

Regardless of tests, the engines are not quite equivalent. The .21 is a larger displacement engine and does produce more power. The real question goes to set up. You can gear a big engine down and a small engine up and get better results from the smaller engine.

I'm thinking that if you gear both engines to maximize their output, the .21 will win hands down.

Is there anywhere that lists ratings for engine /gear combinations?

Some good stuff over there on Maxxskunkworks. Thanks, it was pretty informative.

Even tough a .21 is more powerfull, I'm still trying to get my hands on a 2.5. The Savage is attractive, and reports are that it's hard to kill, still I'm not so excited about the size and weight.

If their close enough performance wise that I need to see them head to head then the difference dosn't matter to me.

Originally posted by Mike c.
Hey guys i got a new question for you if my bro got a rs4 rally (which is electric not nitro s basically it sucks) could he put under glow, head lights, and tail lights on it? Flaming edited out...theres a forum for this. NOT HERE -WoodiE
i hate my brother. . . he did that. i think i'll change my passoword

question why would u gear a larger engine down? wouldnt u still gear it up for speed?