Trouble setting up first nitro rc

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lstclair55

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi,

Just got my first nitro car and it looks good.

Having trouble setting it up.

Looking in the air filter with the sponge taken out there is approx 1-2mm gap. When the throttle is pressed on the controller, the gaps opens up fully.

When I start it, that is great, but is wants to shoot off and not idle.

What am I doing wrong?

Hi,

Just got my first nitro car and it looks good.

Having trouble setting it up.

Looking in the air filter with the sponge taken out there is approx 1-2mm gap. When the throttle is pressed on the controller, the gaps opens up fully.

When I start it, that is great, but is wants to shoot off and not idle.

What am I doing wrong?

Hi,

I can see you posted this some time ago and was wondering if you managed to solve the problem as I have a similar problem as mine is not idling and just keeps revving without touching the throttle.

Thanks, Dom

Back the idle set screw out 1/8 of a turn and start there I was having the same issue with my ecx revenge type N.. The rest of the tuning is going to depend on temp and humidity of the day.. Good luck brother..

This thread has been stored in the basement next to the oil burner for over a year.
I'm guessing his issue is no longer a priority. :confused:
maybe if we grab his attention with the @ symbol, it'll make them receive an email, as some users have it set up that way...

He's long since given up this hobby and is now an active member on your Barbie forum.
You're just jealous because you don't have him on your my little pony forum...

Last edited: