Revo engine brace

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trefforestboy

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi new to this forum, but could do with some help fabricating a engine brace for a traxxas revo,Due to flex i know you can buy a m2c Brace but would like to make something my self as the brace is hard to find in the uk.Pics or any advice would be much appreciated thanks.Also while I am making a post, does anyone run a center diff with a picco 26 max and does it help with controlling wheelies. Cheers

Last edited:
This isn't the greatest of pics but if you look close I used a donor frame and cut the engine part out of it then bolted it up under that spot. I am sure that you could bend a piece of steel to do the same. Good luck:)

72241[/ATTACH]"]
IMG_1134.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1134.jpg
    IMG_1134.jpg
    220 KB · Views: 139
Ye thanks I have brace already but the chassis been bent once and I ve straightened it out and would like a bit more strength.

here is what i did on mine ..its pretty solid now :D

2012-06-11_14-00-12_991.jpg
2012-06-11_13-59-38_544.jpg
2012-06-11_13-59-56_689.jpg
I forget, is that aluminum or steel? Thinking of beefing up my BB revo as the engine bay flexes a lot and causes bad gear mesh on me pretty frequently. I'll probably make something out of 1/8" aluminum like the M2C one.

I forget, is that aluminum or steel? Thinking of beefing up my BB revo as the engine bay flexes a lot and causes bad gear mesh on me pretty frequently. I'll probably make something out of 1/8" aluminum like the M2C one.
its steel ..wanted to make sure its stiff enough ..lol.. i didnt have access to good aluminum

Back