Picco .26 and Traxxas Big Block Pipe adapter

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello,
I live in Canada and could really really use one of these adapters! please :)

Sorry for the late response,been busy and haven't been on in a while. I can hook you up with one :) Response sent to your PM
Do you still make the adapters.

So for years we have known the best pipe for a Picco was a BB pipe. I have found the Ofna 086 is considered to be the best out there for it. The Traxxas 3.3 also runs really good on a .21 buggy pipe too.

PROBLEM though....the exhaust outlet for the Picco and 3.3 is the size of a small block engine. The only way to adapt it is to use a stack of gaskets and it never really works like I wanted it.....

THIS IS TOO SMALL FOR A BIG BLOCK PIPE!!!

IMG_8535.jpg

Until Now....I was talking to Racer1966 and he milled an adapter out of billet aluminum. Slides right over the exhaust port and pop on a standard big block exhaust gasket and you are in business!!! Thing is PERFECTLY milled ZERO slop what-so-ever!
756B1CEE.jpg

D527C6C9.jpg

Simply put on on a rubber o-ring in the milled pocket and install it on the engine.

IMG_8548.jpg
IMG_8547.jpg

HEY, LOOKS LIKE A BETTER PIPE WILL FIT NOW!!!!

3F5F178E.jpg

PERFECT FIT!!!
IMG_8539.jpg

Now just to fab up a pipe hanger for the front of the pipe!:D

IMG_8542.jpg

If you want one of these contact RACER1966....he can hook you up with one too. You are da man Randy!!

I need two.please

I will. Thanks

Last edited:
I have Ofna JL .28 Max, I need an adapter for my BB pipe THS146B. can you make it for me Racer 1966 Please?

Actually I had quit making them but I have enough requests that I am going to make a small batch of them. They should be ready by the end of the week. I will send details in a PM

Are you still making adapters? I just purchased a .28 jl maxx for a tmaxx and was wondering what pipe options would be best and if there was a possibility you had any of these left. Thanks.

What bb header and pipe would you recommend for the tmaxx with a .28 jl engine?

I don't know what fits that application for the position that the engine is in that TMaxx ,but you also need
the right header & pipe that will match up with that engine for performance that fits the truck as well!..:D

Robin at ERCM (who is a supporter here with his own area on here) makes great pipes and could probably be your best source.

Racer1966, any chance you have any of the adapters left?

I will make those header adapters for anyone that needs one,cheap. PM me if interested. Shipping 3 to Guam tomorrow.

Looks good installed Joe!

dub c,what are you using for your header seal?
Hi you still making the adaptor for a picco 26 max so you can fit a big block pipe to it. I know this is an old post but i figured i would ask