how do i remove shoe goo'd air filter neck from carb?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shoe goo'ing an air filter, haven't heard of that one before. In the future try using zip ties or if you want an really secure way use small pipe clamps like I've done in the cold air intake mod. Both ways make removing extremely easy. ;)

Thanks NCNitro it came right off once i heated it some thanks,
Woodie, i used to only use zip ties i only started using the shoo goo after reading how it is a must more than once in the forums

thanks again

Woodie, i used to only use zip ties i only started using the shoo goo after reading how it is a must more than once in the forums
People here on RCNT have recommended others to use shoe goo to attach their air filters?!?o_O

Really though, I would go back to zip ties or use small hose clamps. Heck even the large scale guys aren't shoe goo'ing their filters on and the air filters on a large scale RC dwarf those of the smaller 1/8th and 1/10th scale air filters.

News to me, too. I don't recall a recommendation to glue filters in place. If so, it would have been newbie advise that wasn't corrected. A zip tie is all that's ever needed on any filter.

Yes, like rolex said- sounds a bit odd, and wouldn't recommend as air filter maintenance is frequent, so removal is also necessary to check for stones or large pieces of debris that could damage your engine...

Back