Go racing maxxis .20 ???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Theklopedo

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Looking for a big block for my revo....saw this maxxis for 99 bucks is it worth it? Or should I save up for what motor....just a reliable basher is all I'm looking for, thanks!

It's hard to put a good big block in a revo without a special mount to allow any big block. The best way to do it without a special mount is probably with what hamz9561 listed.

Keep in mind though, running a BB in a revo takes more $ to become reliable. The diffs hold up pretty good, but the trans gears and clutch don't. The 3.3 is a considerable bump over the 2.5R, but it's not "big block" power. However, the 3.3 doesn't beat up the drivetrain as bad. I have both a true BB revo and a 3.3 revo. I forget how weak the 3.3 is until I drive it. Still fun though, but I tend to run WOT a lot to get up to speed in the skate park for jumps. With the BB, you don't have to plan ahead much... except for the wheelies/standing backflips.

Thanks ....are they direct bolt ins and all that good stuff to make it easy?

The go .20 maxxis engine is a drop in replacement for the revo. I have run in my revo now. I would recommend the traxxas 3.3 over the maxxis if your looking for power. The maxxis engine just does not have the torque of the 3.3.

Back