Battery Advice

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicholas Lowing

RC Newbie
Reaction score
having owned nitro cars fopr a while I have just gone a brought a n electric car. can someone tell me the difference in the battery's the one that has come with it is a 3800mah! but I see there are different 'mah' sizes! what is the difference and can any size be used

many thanks

mAh is simply the capacity of the battery or in other words how long it will last. The higher the mAh the longer it will last. As long as the battery is the same voltage and it fits in the battery tray the mAh rating doesn't matter.

not to split hairs Greywolf74 and without wanting to sound arrogant, in terms of R/C run times, the longer a battery lasts the better.

Personally I always, without fail, aim to purchase the best battery I can afford at the time and that usually means the best quality and mAh rating.

The higher the mAh rating, the better in my book as that means more run time, even if it is only by a handful of minutes. Though that is only as far as racepacks or Rx packs are concerned.

I already stated that higher mAh gives you longer run times and obviously everyone is going to want the longest run times possible but in terms of functionality (which is what he was asking about) mAh doesn't matter.

I can not see where functionality was mentioned, only what the different mAh means, what the difference us and can any size (which i understood to mean mAh rating) be used.

maybe I missed the entire thing.

ne'mind.

having owned nitro cars fopr a while I have just gone a brought a n electric car. can someone tell me the difference in the battery's the one that has come with it is a 3800mah! but I see there are different 'mah' sizes! what is the difference and can any size be used

many thanks

but I see there are different 'mah' sizes! what is the difference and can any size be used

This question asks if any mAh size can be used. This deals directly with the functionality of varying mAh sizes and whether or not they will work. The short answer is yes. So if any size can be used and the higher mAh has longer run times again the obvious thing to do would be to buy the biggest mAh battery that is the same voltage that will fit inside the battery compartment.

Not trying to argue, I'm just pointing out the fact there wasn't really any difference in your answer than mine.

nobody is arguing and the fact that combined, the posts actually agree with each-other bolsters the views / facts expressed within them, even when set out from different aspects.

It is positive proof though, of differing interpretations due to the neutrality of the written word.

remind me... when was it you said you needed to quit re-reading that dictionary, thesaurus and quotes book?

:hehe:

hmmm,i think he has been tending some eggs that will eventually hatch into fully waxed and hopped mini savages.....

As stated above the highest available mAH the better for a given physical sized battery.

Back