Bigger is BETTER (The Sequel)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just looking on eBay today @hamz9561 . So far I have a machine gun coming in the mail.

$_57.jpg

I hated carrying one of those during basic. The M-240 is a better weapon than the M-60.

I was just looking for something big to put on the roof. I'd prefer the 30 or the 50 caliber.
This one was also nicely detailed, not just a chunk of extruded plastic.

Doh!
Facepalm_(1).png.png

I thought it was an M-60. It's the M-240's little brother, the M-249 SAW.

I just showed this build to my son and his jaw dropped, he loves military vehicles! He said it's Awesome lol

I don't hit kids, so I'll let him slide on this one. When he gets a little older, he'll be wise enough not to use such a stupid, worn out word. Another reason I don't hit kids is that they are usually armed, now. :eek:

Wait till he sees the next pics. Last night I did the windshield frames and installed the armored glass in front.
I think it looks incredible. I finished up a lot of rough spots and got the first coat of paint on it.

Put in a lot of hours over the last 2 days, but this beast is really starting to look mean. Had to re-frame the front of the truck to cover the old window openings. Went from this...
DSCN2195.jpg

...to this...
DSCN2399.jpg

I got some green tinted plexiglass for that armored look. Perfect tint...
DSCN2424.jpg

Made the window frames...
DSCN2417.jpg

I'm absolutely ecstatic seeing how nicely these turned out. Still have to do the 4 side windows.
DSCN2419.jpg

The inner (center) edges of the frames still have to get capped before I glue the windows into place. Cutting through the C-channel was the only way I could get the glass into the frames by sliding it in from the end.

The pics just don't do it justice, but that Krylon Ultra Flat camo olive drab you told me about is absolutely beautiful on this rig.
I'm almost having second thoughts on doing a camo job except for the chance to use that new air brush. :p

I'm sick. The stupid parrot even says it.
Video you will have, eventually. I'm almost done with the body and now I have to start building the custom frame and putting together all the mechanicals. I didn't plan on it but the other day I borrowed the interior out of the MP truck and now I see that I HAVE to do an interior for this one too.

Back