Computer help!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitro4910

Nitro Junkie!
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
After the not very update, my PC has locked all my music and will not allow me to transfer it to my other devices or flash drives(which is what my vehicle decks use).

Do any of you computer Gurus know of a easy to use program for converting the music into a transferable MP3?

Even my decade old discs are locked up!

I use iTunes for ALL my music. Effortless, excellent and totally free, other than what you download from their site.
I just burned a new disk for my car this morning.
You might want to check if your music files have been checked as "Read Only". Don't know why an update would do that, but this past week I had to reinstall all my add-ons and plugins for Firefox. I had a Windows update and a Firefox update but sometimes things just go wrong
After all, it's a Personal Confuser.

Well now I feel totally stupid, I restarted the Personal Confuser:thumbs-up: and things seem to be working again.

The dogs are now convinced I have lost the last remaining 4% of sanity I was holding onto though after all the ranting at the 'puter!

I am not usually all thumbs with it(not a wiz either) but after 3hrs of ranting at it I can only hang my head mock shame. :)

Facepalm_(1).png.png

Hahahaha, ↑↑↑That's exactly how I feel right now!

I need those, do they come instructions for install?

I've just realised, I've never downloaded any music... Never had the need.

I use iTunes for ALL my music. Effortless, excellent and totally free, other than what you download from their site.
I just burned a new disk for my car this morning.
You might want to check if your music files have been checked as "Read Only". Don't know why an update would do that, but this past week I had to reinstall all my add-ons and plugins for Firefox. I had a Windows update and a Firefox update but sometimes things just go wrong
After all, it's a Personal Confuser.
I -Tunes and Windoze do not like to play well together....or at least not on my Windoze 8.1 Computers.

I've had problems with iTunes for a very long time, to the point where I quit calling their tech support. I couldn't get a sample to play for more than 20 or 30 seconds even though they are 90. On a VERY rare occasion it would go the distance. Anyway, last week the sample would stall and the little window saying, "Loading URL" would come up mid screen and just hang there. I could only get it to go away by hitting ctrl+alt+delete and closing the program through task manager. Well, another 2 hours on the phone with no results. The level 2 tech was going to call me back the next day.
I decided to do a complete uninstall of iTunes. You can't do that with Windows, only through Revo uninstall since it will scan your computer after the uninstall for any additional files and folders left behind.
After the reinstall, iTunes worked flawlessly for the first time in 5 years. Even downloads finished in a second or two instead of the 15 or 20 seconds it used to take.
I have the licensed pro version of Revo uninstaller, but you can get the basic one free. Try it.

I've had problems with iTunes for a very long time, to the point where I quit calling their tech support. I couldn't get a sample to play for more than 20 or 30 seconds even though they are 90. On a VERY rare occasion it would go the distance. Anyway, last week the sample would stall and the little window saying, "Loading URL" would come up mid screen and just hang there. I could only get it to go away by hitting ctrl+alt+delete and closing the program through task manager. Well, another 2 hours on the phone with no results. The level 2 tech was going to call me back the next day.
I decided to do a complete uninstall of iTunes. You can't do that with Windows, only through Revo uninstall since it will scan your computer after the uninstall for any additional files and folders left behind.
After the reinstall, iTunes worked flawlessly for the first time in 5 years. Even downloads finished in a second or two instead of the 15 or 20 seconds it used to take.
I have the licensed pro version of Revo uninstaller, but you can get the basic one free. Try it.
I've used something similar to revo uninstaller- it seemed to work when 3DS MAX wouldn't work properly.

Back