Babysitting for a parrot

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rolex

Hoof Hearted
In Memoriam
Supporter
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Flying
I'm watching a friend's parrot till tomorrow night, and it's unbelievable listening to some little critter run through his entire vocabulary while sitting in his covered cage. A while back I taught him to say "Here Kitty, kitty, kitty".
He's sitting in his cage talking non stop and it's cracking me up. If I lift the cover he won't make a sound.
He's whistling, saying hello, pretty bird, hello Mango and mimicking my friend's cell phone sounds.

I had a parrot once, I HATED that damn thing. Sure, it was funny at first, mimicking my phone ringer, until I never knew if it was him or the actual phone, talking, him thinking he was all that. Screeching all the time, throwing food and feathers and debris out of the cage constantly. I will NEVER have a parrot again!

What's amazing is when he says things my friends grand daughter taught him. It actually sounds like her voice.
I go nuts when he brings it outside. Damn, that squawking is intensely loud.

It's already starting to wear a little thin. I'm trying to concentrate on something and he's sitting in his cage just running his beak non stop.

It's already starting to wear a little thin. I'm trying to concentrate on something and he's sitting in his cage just running his beak non stop.

It don't take long for that to happen, give it another day or two and you'll be ready to kill it, lol.

We had birds when I was a kid, never again. Most annoying pets EVER.

Exactly what I said!

Well, my neighbor came back and got him. When he called and said he was on the way home I told him parrots taste like chicken. My dog is soft, warm and quiet. That green thing was loud, annoying and bites.

Well, my neighbor came back and got him. When he called and said he was on the way home I told him parrots taste like chicken. My dog is soft, warm and quiet. That green thing was loud, annoying and bites.
I've never heard a dog be described as soft warm and quiet...