Any help with t maxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Focus330_ST

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi I have Got a traxxas t maxx 3.3 hadn't used it in a while then took it out the other day and it was running like crap so got a short video before my phone died

th_trim.E777E2FB-7114-4976-ABDC-0C0B3E6B67DD_zpsrg73s1qa.gif

So checked for air leaks couldn't find any reset idle to minimum gap fitted new glow plug and copper washer and put all needles to dead on factory setting but still not sure if it's running ok or not still seems to rev a bit high on over run ? Could anyone give me some advice
Video from today
th_trim.66192548-B960-43C4-989B-202D73448259_zps0ihwi554.gif

Any help would be much appreciated cheers

Last edited:
I can't see the video. You are lucky it is running at all.It was sitting for a while? Change your fuel tubes.They might be clogged with gunk. Check for air leak in fuel cap. Try to bump your idle up a little when you are tuning. Mine runs great with a 2 MM gap for idle. Some would say it is large but it depends on the tune. It does not move forward either at the higher idle. You are at the right place for advice. These guys have limitless information and can help solve any problem... almost.

Could just be your needles are gummed up with old fuel how long was it sitting.

Last edited:
You checked for air leaks but never mentioned the needles or fuel line. Old fuel gets gummy. It should be totally flushed out. Look for carb cleaning and sealing - free . And change your fuel lines. It should make a difference. Let us know what is happening.

Ok cleaned out carb with wd40 this morning and down glow plug hole . So how should I clean out the needles do I just unscrew both until they come out ? And then spray .
Will clean out the tank and fuel lines aswell

Best thing i can tell from my experienc buy a new engine. Same thing happened to me. I went for a ofna jl maxx.28. Awsome engine. Holds it tune lovely. Let me tell u that engine rips

Best thing i can tell from my experienc buy a new engine. Same thing happened to me. I went for a ofna jl maxx.28. Awsome engine. Holds it tune lovely. Let me tell u that engine rips
Some people don't have the money, and the current engine can easily be fixed, :)