New MGT Hop Up Parts

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Triplany

RCTalk Vendor!
RCTalk Vendor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey guys and gals! Just wanted to introduce myself and share my current project!

I have been involved in motorsports all my life (from racing motox, to race karts) I was involved in the design, and development of GT Race Karts and we competed at the highest level of the sport against European manufacturers. RC cars have always been something I enjoyed (my first 2 I raced where the RC10 Gold pan and Losi JRXT) . I have always loved my MGT so figured I would put some of my experience to use and design something fun.

The MGT is such an Awesome platform and with the lack of new quality aftermarket parts I have decided to start producing some myself!

All aluminum parts are made with 7075-T6

Steering Knuckles. Optimized the pillow ball hole to allow more steering angle, takes a 16x5mm bearing (stock are a tiny 12x4)! so upgrading to 8mm axles is a snap now or you can stick with stock 6mm axles .

Diff Case: 3 bearing support instead of 2, added adjustment room so it can be properly shimmed for precise gear engagement. Unique aggressive look

Carbon Chassis: I loved the look of the HCR chassis. This is my take on it. 4mm Carbon fiber bottom plate, Aluminum Side Supports, 2mm Carbon fiber top plate. this weighs almost half as much as the original chassis! I am also going to have some made with aluminum top and bottom plates for you bashers!

I have been working on this for months now. I had prototypes 3d printed for initial mock up, a ton of computer simulation, and have now moved on to a small run of the parts so I can do final fit. Once I get them in from the machine shop I will post pictures! the thing I am personally excited most to get is the chassis :)

I have a number of other parts under development as well that I will share. If there is anything you guys would like to see let me know!

Arthur Lee

Attachments

• Front-and-Rear-Differential.jpg
    Front-and-Rear-Differential.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 1,247
  • mgt_racing_chassis_top.jpg
    mgt_racing_chassis_top.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 862
  • MGT_Steering_Knuckle_Assembled.jpg
    MGT_Steering_Knuckle_Assembled.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 1,115
  • MGT-Racing-Carbon--fiber-chassis-custom-parts.jpg
    MGT-Racing-Carbon--fiber-chassis-custom-parts.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 2,746
Last edited by a moderator:
Heck yah another MGT build! Looks awesome bro! You going to produce and sell those chassis. Hit me up when you do decide to sell some parts! Also do you have pics of the shock towers up close

Last edited:
For testing I am using a stock .21 and .28 engine. I haven't decided on what I am going to use when I start racing it yet.

The plan is to eventually sell the parts :)

The shock towers are still in a bit of flux. I ordered in some new shocks (4 sets of proline 6063-01's) so once I get them in I can do some mock ups and tweak the tower design. Currently I am using a 3mm carbon fiber. In computer simulations it holds up really well.

Arthur Lee

Attachments

• MGT-MTA4-Shock-Towers-Aluminum-CarbonFiber.jpg
    MGT-MTA4-Shock-Towers-Aluminum-CarbonFiber.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 1,066
Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet it's about time the ole MGT got some attention in the ways of some good parts manufacturing.

Did you ever produce these

I currently have a bunch of steering knuckles, and reinforced upper a-arm mounts. the prototype chassis I am happy with and will have some more made in the coming months, the electric conversion kit also turned out great so will have some more of them made soon as well. I wasn't 100% happy with the diff case so am looking at re-doing it.

Awsome would be highly intrested in steering knuckles and a chassis when available and shock towers :) looks great

I currently have a bunch of steering knuckles, and reinforced upper a-arm mounts. the prototype chassis I am happy with and will have some more made in the coming months, the electric conversion kit also turned out great so will have some more of them made soon as well. I wasn't 100% happy with the diff case so am looking at re-doing it.

@Triplany Do you have any knuckles and towers available for sale or any parts for the MGT available.

thanks

I'd be interested in the complete chassis, if these are available?

I know this post is 5yrs old but I came across it on a internet search. Where these ever put into production? And if so where can i get them?

I know this post is 5yrs old but I came across it on a internet search. Where these ever put into production? And if so where can i get them?
the last time the thread starter was online was in 2014, sadly. i have 2 MGT's and was hoping someone else was starting to make parts for them, but this person to my knowledge hasn't.

Thanks for the reply. Those parts look great.
i know... was soon after i found that thread that i joined the forums here. i really like those diff cases and chassis.
what kind of parts are you looking for for it?

I am looking for a factory team chassis. Came across that carbon fiber one and got excited. I have plenty of other parts.

I am looking for a factory team chassis. Came across that carbon fiber one and got excited. I have plenty of other parts.
ahh, am really tempted to try my own hand at making a carbon fiber chassis. have a friend getting into moulding carbon fiber car parts. should make a thread and post up some pics of your rigs! love seeing peoples own versions of these trucks.

absolutely. I'll try and get some pics up this weekend. I have a 8.0 and a 4.6. Nicely upgraded. plus enough parts to build 2 more.

absolutely. I'll try and get some pics up this weekend. I have a 8.0 and a 4.6. Nicely upgraded. plus enough parts to build 2 more.
i have a .21R that i am in the process of restoration on,
https://www.rctalk.com/forum/threads/new-to-me-associated-mgt-21r-revival.115240/
and my other unknown 4.6/.21 that i kind of just got done refreshing,
https://www.rctalk.com/forum/threads/getting-back-to-running-mgt-4-6.115171/
id been out of rcing for around 10 years so the 4.6 needed alot of work.
the other i more recently acquired, but needed just about as much lol

You looking for anything? My local hobby shop still has stuff

You looking for anything? My local hobby shop still has stuff
mainly diff cases, wanting an extra set or two, is the main things I'm looking for, may grab a new tank here soon though as well if i can find one.
you on the scout for anything? think my LHS still has a Factory Team blue side header pipe even, just no diff cases/tanks.

Back