Trophy flux truggy pinion problems

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natedog1986

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys. I love this thing and I am new. Break lots of things. But mostly because I did something dumb. My main problem is I can't seem to get my pinion to stay in its spot. It keeps spitting itself up the shaft. I have replaced it and it still does it. Anyone know a good trick?

Can you post a picture?
Will try to later. It's the pinion on the motor. The motor shaft goes through a bracket. Then the pinion goes on the shaft and then contacts the center differential. Problem is. It keeps spitting the pinion gear off the shaft. No matter how tight I turn the set screw. Found that out by stripping my first screw. Now I have a new screw and pinion. I also got a new motor in case it was the shaft. Yet it still spits it. Can be for no reason. Like traveling in my trunk to the next spot. Or for good reason like a good front end collision. Either way. Real buzz kill

you may have to take a jewlers file and but a flad spot on the shaft where the pinion set screw goes that should keep it from sliding forward. Don't make it the the whole length of the shaft just in the spot where the set screw goes.

That's definitely good advice....I was having a hard time figuring out what he was talking about :-(

you may have to take a jewlers file and but a flad spot on the shaft where the pinion set screw goes that should keep it from sliding forward. Don't make it the the whole length of the shaft just in the spot where the set screw goes.

This has crossed my mind. Has anyone tried this? Also, the opinions and set screws come with thread lock on them. But I was thinking of adding way more. My only fear is that if I step up from the blue lock tight that is on it already to red is that if I ever want to change the pinion or the motor it might get stuck on there. And the way the mount goes this would not be ideal. But thanks for some answers

is the set screw backing off when it moves?

More isn't better but clean the parts with alcohol and put new red locktite on there.....to get it out just heat the part with a lighter and it will break the bond

You need to add new locktite every time you remove the screw...

More isn't better but clean the parts with alcohol and put new red locktite on there.....to get it out just heat the part with a lighter and it will break the bond

You need to add new locktite every time you remove the screw...
Ok. Thanks for the advice. I will try and see how she goes.