Official build thread: Riot Buggy Rock bouncer

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Styrene work sucks
image.jpg
image.jpg

Loving these vp lockouts! Got a few things in today:)
image.jpg
image.jpg

What type grease are you using on the diff?

Using 110% Rc blood grease

And might I add, these vp lockouts have absolutely ZERO slop in them and paired with this thick Rc blood grease these things should last a lifetime. I highly recommend the blood grease. Oh and I want to say maxamps lipos are awesome, put in my order and they sent me an email saying they will start to build the lipos right away(yes they build them directly from your order) and they arrived within 3 days. Even gave me tags of each individual person that handled them along with the job they were assigned to. I want everyone to go to the maxamps side:)

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 392
Last edited:
Interior just about done, finishing touches and seats! Already got dash made
image.jpg
image.jpg

Interior! Everything but the Gages complete
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Sneak peek! Still gotta put in my lsx motor, new shocks and wait for body panels! Got bored and wanted to see what it looked like lol
image.jpg
image.jpg

Passenger seat won't fit because the battery wires come out where that seat is. I might go back and try a different way. And no mud because it's not done yet. Still waiting on my lsx motor(which seconds as a receiver box. Waiting on my side panels to have decals applied . Also new shocks, getting kyosho red velvet shocks.

Put the passenger seat in. Wasn't easy!
image.jpg

Now that is what I call custom. That is pretty cool man. What are you going to call that thing? Mine is always gonna be a T-Maxx. Your buggy is like a creatively engineered piece of functional art. I can't wait to see the final product. How did you come up with all the combinations of parts? Do you have a stolen credit card or something? Does your wife have any sisters? Just kidding.
"Styrene work sucks" LOL . You did pretty damn good I think.

It's based off of a 1:1 called riot buggy. I had the chassis custom built and day by day I ordered the parts I needed to get the job done. This thing is called riot buggy just like the real thing. I love it so far!

Refined the space for my esc. The rx8 is big and it was the only place I could put it and it actually works out good. Direct airflow into cooling fins so I can't complain and its out of the way!
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

ADded an oh s**t bar and a gas cap and handle to my fuel cell. Doing a few minor scale attachments while I wait on my winch, shocks and Lsx engine. After I get those three and a few more scale items handmade riot buggy will be done!
image.jpg
image.jpg

Got my engine in today, got a compartment for a receiver! Gave it a dirty look. Thanks to Brandon at bkrc metal works! Now I'm gonna make me some headers and paint the rest of it:) also gotta put some studs on the valve covers to give it an intimidating look
image.jpg
image.jpg

Back