dx6i wont bind

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thumbson

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Got a dx6i that just wont bind to a ar 400 reciver i plug in the bind plug and power the reciver get fast flashing orange light hold the trainer switch on the transmiter and switch it on it says bind with a beeping noise and thats it dosent bind just beeps forever

How far are you from the AR-400? You should try to be at least 3 feet away when binding. You can also try pointing the antenna directly at the receiver (RX).

Thanks for reply but yes iv tried being being difrent distances iv tried having antena touching and being 30 ft down the garden makes no difrence also tried doing full right left alrion and full left right rudder it just wont have it

I have a similar issue with my DX7 and my nanoQXs. Never could get it figured out so I had to use my DX6i.

If you're trying to bind a receiver to a memory slot already assigned to another model, it won't work. Make sure you start with a NEW model on the transmitter then go from there.

Even if nothing is assigned to the memory slot do a reset on that slot then try again.

If you're trying to bind a receiver to a memory slot already assigned to another model, it won't work. Make sure you start with a NEW model on the transmitter then go from there.
Thanks for reply have tried that also didnt work

Even if nothing is assigned to the memory slot do a reset on that slot then try again.
Tried it no good

Last edited:
The only other thing I can think of is your bind plug is bad. You can use needle nose pliers to connect to two outer pins to put the rx in bind mode.

I always power on the TX first then power on the rx.

How old is your DX6i? Is it dsmx or dsm2?

Last edited:
Its the older one dsm2 i think i took it into my local model shop today and they kindly tried one of there dx6is and it conected strate away so i think its the transmitter thats bad i rang up horizon hobby and they sed they sort it free of charge hopefully they tell me wats up with it ill post the out come

Yes they put it down to a faulty bind switch even tho it came up bind wen u used it they sorted it for me anyway free of charge I'm impressed with there customer service wud recomend them to anyone

Back