RS4 3 EVO+ Engine mounting

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WH1_T-type

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have an RS4 3 EVO+ w/the 3.0 engine. That has the engine mounted directed into the chassis with no adjustability, though I can see that there are six holes to mount a set of adjustable mounts. I am trying to find said mounts with no luck. Thoughts?

I have one that is kind of like that, it is the stock one for the MT which I guess shares the same chassis and engine. I honestly haven't gotten a chance to try it out yet...here's what i'm thinking though: both the one you linked to and the one I got have a good few centimeters of material underneath where the engine would normally be making direct contact with the chassis, which means that the engine is going to be lifted those few centimeters...which may cause clearance issues with the transmission/brake assembly. I could've sworn there was a two piece mount that still allowed the engine to remain in the proper alignment....

I will check with the mount i have to see if it works as soon as I am able. Just in a pretty time consuming school for the Navy right now.

You're right, at one point there were several two piece mounts. A taller one for pull start engines, and a shorter one for bump start engines. I myself have a two piece mount, but like I said I bought it quite a few years ago. HPI has discontinued the mounts, I guess they want to make you buy direct mount HPI engines only.