Big Block Revo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cat

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I'm planning go BB on my revo since i have only problems with my trx 3.3 (air leak).

What I'm planning to buy:
  • OFNA JL .28 MAX
  • THX Pipe
  • OFNA Mount for Revo
  • OS Medium plugs.
In thoughts of driveline do i need to do any upgrades?

Any recommedations?

you will need a bb exhaust adaptor to run a true bb pipe , hit up @racer1966 ,he makes them and they are the shiz. honestly I have the same engine but using a trinty clone pipe and I haven't upgraded anything,i did do the 2.5 brake disc mod for the slipper but other than that its sweet. only failure after 20 tank was the pin on the primary input shaft snapped . I would look at the truck and see if anything need upgrading , like if the driveshafts have wear ect .
also best plug I have found for that engine is McCoy mc8/mc59 but the trx plug and os lc series will also work.

Will orginal Flywheel & clucth from trx be good enough for the new mill?

They should do the job but i prefer the m2c 3 shoe setup. You could also look at the strc 3 shoe which is a bit cheaper but works great too

I use a Werks Racing 4-shoe clutch on mine. It's easier to adjust than most of the others I've seen.

Update..
Mail man brought this today
3gdwSL0.jpg

Look at the size of this bastard, its like comparing a boy to man!
mPczfqA.jpg

lA9IA9n.jpg

The installation was a bit tricky
ED4HZ2R.jpg

Only problem is when i WOT, it the throttle wont open 100%
xDMPWbz.jpg

I Have just test started the engine, since i don't own a glow igniter its a bit tricky to get it started.

But breaking produce..
What would be a operating temp to aim for?

Last edited:
I tired to keep it around 220F ,I used a slightly modified traxxas break in where I idled through the first 2 tanks then basically doubled the 5 tank break in and that worked great fro me.
in regards to wot ,you will have to loosen the pinch bolt for the carb and rotate the carb until it wots ,if you have the later model trx radio with the ipod dock you can adjust the endpoints to make the throttle open further.

Wow this engine takes wheelies on the demand to a whole new level!

haha at nearly twice the power of a 3.3 they are mental. the one I built for my cousin sits on the wing all the across a football oval.

Back