Losi M26ss - will not start

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Highway123

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Guys it's been a few years so be forgiving....

We had our Revo 3.3 with a Losi m26ss in storage for couple of years. I cleaned out the fuel tank, installed a new glow plug, no air in the fuel lines; the fuel I have is sealed but was purchased several years ago. I reset the HSN and LSN to 3 turns (factory settings). At first it will try and start but then it just turns over, like the compression is gone. Any ideas?

BTW - I checked the glow igniter with the plug out of the motor and it gets extremely hot.

@Highway123 I'd go buy new fuel for starters if your old fuel has indeed been sitting around for several years.

@Highway123 I'd go buy new fuel for starters if your old fuel has indeed been sitting around for several years.
Thanks. The only reason I didn't go out and buy new fuel is because the nearest location for nitro fuel is 60 miles away.:mad: I'll try and get some new fuel this week.

Ontop of the new fuel I can just about 100% grantee you that the carb needs a complete tear down and cleaning of all needles and passages,any tiny bit of fuel left in there has evaporated and left behind trace amounts of oil,the oil has dried out and become thick enough to block fuel flow thru the carb

Well got my fuel in today, had to order it. Still will not start, not even trying. I'm going to tear down the carb and clean everything good. Keep you posted.

but then it just turns over, like the compression is gone.
Could very well be a bad one way bearing. If the starter is spinning freely and you're not sensing any compression, then there's a good possibility the the OWB is just spinning. Remove it and clean it thoroughly with alcohol and reinstall it. If you still get the same results let us know.

Look at the flywheel while starting it for a visual

The flywheel is spinning over guys; it just will not start not even try. How much tension should there be at TDC? There is resistance but not enough to keep me from spinning with my finger. I'm at a loss here.

While the engine is cold it will hurt your skin when your turn it over.

Glow igniter charged?
100% sure that plug is glowing?

After that i would try to dump fuel in to the carb itself.

Back