Buy or repair?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have no idea where the air leak is coming from! The only thing that it might be the fuel, since have 12% oil in the fuel that I'm using.

Anyone??

Have no idea where the air leak is coming from! The only thing that it might be the fuel, since have 12% oil in the fuel that I'm using.

Anyone??
check fuel lines, fuel filter, fuel tank, exhaust, bearings- fuel lid....

Checked all that you mentioned and carb. There is a small leak from the front bearing, but its hard to seal.

have you got another carb to try? also have to checked the carbs inside out . one of my first maxxs' 3.3 blew after 2 litres of fuel ,partly due to my inexperience but the cause was a blockage inside the carb from a bit of plastic, I would strip it down and get a rebuild kit , theyre cheap as and that way you can totally rule out the carb.

I have remove the carb and blown in the line, covering the air intake port. Only thing happened that it slides out but no leak. Carb neck have been sealed with Permatex Aviation "Form a gasket". Only thing i can really think of is seal the front bearing better.

35572.png

Last edited:
The front bearing will never fully seal due to the fact its round so there is going a small mount if leakage there no mater if its a new bearing or not.
In still betting on the carb ,especially since you put new bearings in and sealed the engine up ,i would grab a rebuild kit and strip the carb and go over it with a fine tooth comb checking th carb body while its apart

Intreasting indeed. The only sign rly that it has an air leak is that i need to run atleast to run 5 turns out on HSN. Other then that it runs pretty well. I might try a differnent fuel tomorrow. But yeah will check the carb for cracks.

I was thinking on if I had turned a front ball bearing the other way around but I don't know if there's a right or wrong direction of the bearing. Expert advice needed

It doesn't matter which way the bearing goes just as long as the seal is facing out. You can leave both seals on the front bearing if desired but that can starve the bearing of lubrication to an extent

Well its sealed at both sides. Beacuse its still leaking beetween crank shaft and bearing.

Thats an odd place to leak, what brand bearings did you use .what condition is the crank in if it shows any sort of wear i would replace asap.

Thats an odd place to leak, what brand bearings did you use .what condition is the crank in if it shows any sort of wear i would replace asap.

Chickenman242, funny thing is the engine were leaking at the same spot before, i replaced the bearings. I know where the leak is but i can't seal it. The mill has has 2 quartz of fuel through it. Last night i drained to front bearing and crank in sealant. Which helped a bit, but the test run this morning the engine show some chewbacca sound. That was after a couple of high speed passes and without the body. The only thing that i have left is tape thread and put that on the crank.

Next step is to ditch the TRX and find a good replacement engine. If not the tape thread will work.

Sounds like a fault with the crank i would look at replacing the crank and go from there . Engine wise i would look at the ofna .28 max jl its a direct fit with the matching mount it will wheelie non stop

No replacing of the crank, won't spend a cent on this engine. Probably will run the poop of the mill and then go for replacement engine. Maybe the one you suggested or the OS 21. But that one is a bit pricey for the power.

This is the truck idling I'm not touching the throttle here.

Well its sealed at both sides. Beacuse its still leaking beetween crank shaft and bearing.
Try adding some silicone (temporarily) and if that fixes it, hen you know what the problem is.

No replacing of the crank, won't spend a cent on this engine. Probably will run the poop of the mill and then go for replacement engine. Maybe the one you suggested or the OS 21. But that one is a bit pricey for the power.

This is the truck idling I'm not touching the throttle here.
Have you checked the clutch?

Clutch looks fine problem only exist when engine is warm

Clutch looks fine problem only exist when engine is warm
Hmmm, strange- if anything you'd of thought it'd of been the other way round. Only wild thing I can think of would be that maybe because of the crankcases, and engines general overall heat- the fuel is starting to vapourise before it enters. This then creates pressure, it the condenses and bubbles out the bearing- but that's pretty wild so yeah....

I bought a picco .28 instead. Will keep the trx as a spare.