76mph Savage X

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its a lot of fun to drive these that fast

curiously, I thought the shift was a tad early.....

my revo is set to shift a lot further into the RPM range

curiously, I thought the shift was a tad early.....

my revo is set to shift a lot further into the RPM range

the gearing is so tall and the motor honestly pushes it with ease that it maxes quick lol. With 1:1 gearing 22/22 it pulled 72.6mph. This run it had 22/23 and its a 3spd :)

I tried gearing from 18/47, 18/30, 20/25, 20/26, 20/27, 20/28, 22/25, 22/24, 22/23, 22/22, 22/21. All this was tested on the octane conversion, a savage X with the octanes 3rd gear installed, and the BP 3spd. The sweet spot was BP 3spd with 22/23.The motor is still tight and with a fresh plug i'd say its got 77-78mph in it. Sadly tho I'm deploying very soon so I wont get to test that until I come back.

This is the run that broke my old record and I think you get a sense of excitement out of me lol

This run is full savage setup with phaltlines and 18/47 gearing

its the bullet proof mod to the 3spd. Its a standard 3spd but it uses the stronger 2spd idler and drive gears instead of the thin weak 3spd one. The mod is stickied at the top of the savage page.

aaaah! now I get what you mean.

Last edited:
Thanks for the great videos you do, thats a seriously fast savage, you put a lot of time, money and effort in your projects and it pays off, well done skillet

i still think you need bacon in that frying pan ........ mmm eggs n bacon :)

Thanks for the great videos you do, thats a seriously fast savage, you put a lot of time, money and effort in your projects and it pays off, well done skillet

i still think you need bacon in that frying pan ........ mmm eggs n bacon :)

Well thank you and I'm glad you enjoy them.

I'll have to look into some bacon when I'm back home lol

its the bullet proof mod to the 3spd. Its a standard 3spd but it uses the stronger 2spd idler and drive gears instead of the thin weak 3spd one. The mod is stickied at the top of the savage page.
Eh brother can you so kindly copy and paste the link for the 3 speed transmission mod. I can't seem to find it. Cheers

Eh brother can you so kindly copy and paste the link for the 3 speed transmission mod. I can't seem to find it. Cheers
Ps bad ass SAVAGE Bro.

At the top of the HPI savage section is the thread for the BP 3spd. It's stickied at the top

@DreamMachine when you say gearing 22/23 do you mean 22 clutch bell and 23 spur gear ? And if so where do I find the 23 spur gear? Been looking everywhere brother and no luck. Cheers.

Yes I used a 22t mod 1 CB and 23t mod 1 flux pinion as my spur

Yes I used a 22t mod 1 CB and 23t mod 1 flux pinion as my spur

I'm sorry if I'm bothering you man but I'm in love with your rc and I wanna make mine rip like yours.

When you say mod1 what do you mean by that?

And as for the cb can I use any 22t from savage ?

And as for the flux and pinion do you mean something like this ?

http://m.ebay.ca/itm/310869155467?nav=SEARCH

Cheers brother

I have that same controller. love it. sweet savage