Picco Off Road Buggy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deputybill705

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Good afternoon everyone. My son traded his associated sc10RS for a Picco off road buggy. The engine has good compression. The engine runs ok. Needs some tuning. I have done some research and seen the buggy was discontinued. I looked on several sites for parts availability and haven't had much luck. I know Ofna has several other buggies. Are parts interchangeable? Any help would be appreciated.

Man I wasn't even aware that picco ever Made a rig,...are you sure it's not just a picco engine on that buggy?

Man I wasn't even aware that picco ever Made a rig,...are you sure it's not just a picco engine on that buggy?
Yes sir I am. Picco and ofna teamed up and made this buggy. It is discontinued now. That's why I was asking if parts are inter changeable.

Post some pics of it man!..I'll help you compare parts and try and figure out what all is compatible,if I were to bet I'd put my $ on a 80% compatibility

Picco didnt make it. I have one and its an OFNA MBX9.5 variant that came with a .21 Picco mill in it. Virtually all the MBX 9.5 parts (if not all of them) are compatible and Nitrohouse.com has a ton of OFNA parts for the Picco and the MBX 9.5. As a side note, the OFNA MBX 9.5 pro has a much different suspension than the non pro or the Picco versions so some of the pro parts will fit but mostly just the centerline chassis parts. Sorry this post is so late but I'm not been online much lately. I hope this helps.

Here a couple pics of mine although its been heavily modded and hoped up with aftermarket parts. It really doesn't even hardly look like it did originally lol. Hell Theres not much of my buggy left thats even original lol.
461334_379338912113262_560494968_o.jpg

478992_379339595446527_1624343489_o.jpg

***UPDATE***
Looks like Nitrohouse doesn't carry the Picco specific parts anymore...sad news for me although I have lots of extras...but they do still have a fair amount of mbx 9.5 parts
http://nitrohouse.ecomm-search.com/search?keyword=ofna+mbx+9.5&search=

Ebay also has some but the only thing that really comes up under OFNA Picco .21 is the engine and nothing really for the actual kit.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=ofna+picco+.21&_pgn=2&_skc=50&rt=nc

Ebay also has a lot of MBX 9.5 parts. Check the Picco .21 manual for compatibility but most of these parts should work.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odk...Xofna+mbx+9.5.TRS0&_nkw=ofna+mbx+9.5&_sacat=0

Heres what the original OFNA Picco .21 kit looked like.

lofnc4952.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Greywolf74. That info helps a great deal.