Sold / Found RC Expert time in NJ, will pay

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ericke1

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi guys a very odd request. I have a Thunder Tiger Eb43 thats not broken in. I can't seem to be able to get the compression issue resolved, its too tight and with the new engine trying to to turn the flywheel is hard. I've heated so I won't damage the connecting rod but I really need help. I've been able to start it but just losing the battle.

Anyone in NJ (preferably Central NJ) can help me break in the engine and tune the car for me. I can drop off and pick up, would really appreciate it and would pay what you think is reasonable.

My local hobby store refuses to do it :(

Some break-ins can be pretty tough, but it's all part of the process. You can do a few things to make it easier for yourself.
One, like you mentioned, is to pre-heat the head to expand it a little before running it. Another great trick for easier starts is to loosen the glow plug to allow a little of the compression to escape. You need a separate glow ignitor to do that, and you can leave it on for a couple of minutes after starting. While it's running, turning the ignitor will close the plug a little more, and when it's running for a minute or so you can remove it and snug the plug down and proceed with the normal break-in. After the cool down you do the same thing for the next run.
Lots of good info in the following link including a heat cycling break in that's preferred.
https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/threads/nitro-tuning-tips-and-tuning-flow-chart.60832/

Hi Rolex yes I did that already, I'm just not getting it right, engine keeps dying and I'm losing the battle with my bump box. I really need someones help. Can I just ship it to you with a return label please?

Is it spitting a lot of fuel out of the exaust?.if so you need to lean the low speed adjustment

Nope its not at all, that's the thing, its turning starting, but dying. tried various adjustments, really need help. I've been doing this for many years so I know at least a good number of tricks but still not in league of some of the gurus here, I'm sure its something so stupid but another person will figure it out. I've given up :(

If there's no air leak in the system it's more than likely just a tuning issue. You can't just randomly grab a needle and twist it one way or the other. It needs to be done little by little while allowing it to run in a couple of circles between adjustments. There's also a VERY specific reason you richen or lean either needle. The idle adjustment also works in conjunction with the LSN.
You might want to start with a new glow plug. If it still won't tune then you still have the other plug for a spare and you've eliminated that as a problem.
There's a link to print out the flow chart in the link I gave you, above, so print it and have it with you when you try again.
You might also call your hobby shop and ask if there's anywhere guys meet to run their trucks, take yours there and let someone set it up for you.

Hi Rolex: No air leak, sprayed it, glow plug is brand new, fuel drops also placed in chamber, perfect tuning balance with needles, even heated the flywheel properly. Its just not working properly. I've already left a message with hobby shop but no real places yet.

To reiterate I need someone who is willing to help me in person (happy to ship the car to them if not local). Or else I can try to locate Rolex home address and just leave it at his front door and if he feels pity he may help like a abandoned baby at church?

Shipping something like that would cost a whole lot of bux. I'm also living in an apartment complex now so I can't even run my own nitros.
You might want to leave your name and phone number with the hobby shop and if they have regular nitro customers that they know and trust, have them give out your info. I'm sure you can get someone local or the hobby shop wouldn't be selling them.
I used to live in New York, 10 minutes from the North Jersey line of Bergen County, but right now I'm in Tennessee. Are you at about Cherry Hill? I used to run down the pike regularly, starting at Exit 1 of the Garden State Parkway then the entire length of the Jersey Turnpike on the way to Maryland.

Thanks Rolex I already did that, left a note on the bulletin board, put a word with the owner. Nope Cherry hill is about 1 hour away. Thanks for trying. I'm not worried about the shipping as I can use a prepaid USPS box very affordable

Ericke1 send that badboy out to tatertown we will get her done.
Don't send no fuel .

I'm also living in an apartment complex now so I can't even run my own nitros.
People love to bitch about the "noise" don't they. I had to deal with some whiny cry baby today, when i am driving in the back of a field he starts whining from his second story apartment porch over a huge ditch and a concrete wall. Too bad buddy, i've already got permission to drive there and to dig on the dirt piles to make jumps.

Ericke1 send that badboy out to tatertown we will get her done.
Don't send no fuel .
Thanks Randy, please send me your address by PM and how much you want to help me out. Ill put a prepaid box inside the box so you can send it back to me as well. REALLY APPRECIATE IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back