trophy truggy question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brianb

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I notice that with the lrp zr30x truck screams, but it seems that I'm not getting all the power to the ground. When I piN the throttle the rear squats and the front tires balloon to twice the size of the rear tires. I can hold the rear of the truck applying downward pressure and only the front will spin,

This is my first truggy, allways been used to the savages, how can I correct this issue?

Also nothing is broke, the rear still pulls under throttle,

could be stripped wheel hex or blown ring and pinion gear on the rear diff.

Everything works, front and rear. Its like limited slip between the front and rear

does it have a center diff? if so you may want to make sure it has oil in it or upgrade to a heavier oil

Yes it has a center diff, what wt of oil should I put, I wish I could lock it

it's been a long time since I messed with a center diff you could try 100,000 or higher, really you just have to order a few weights and try them. Perhaps you can see if there is a locking diff available for it or a spool as they are called.

good old silly putty I forgot about that one

Thanks fellas, gonna pulll it out and take a look!

I am running 10k-7k-3k in my Trophy setup now and 30k in my Savage. i have used a heavy grease to slow the center down a lot but i do prefer a lighter weight now. I like the center diff and i believe i can feel the improvement in handling. It might be because i run on dirt and mainly use short throttle bursts up to about 50 percent throttle, it does a lot of quick turns and small jumps kind of like at a track but not as smooth. Anyways just buy another center diff like i did and you can experiment with different setups and i have one ready so every 5-8 tanks i swap it out and clean the dirty one when i get around to it before the next 5 or so tanks, and its already out so it's easy to clean. Have fun out there bud.