SR-71 Blackbird Full Air Force Version

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing

This thing is phenomenal!

RC A-12 SR-71 Blackbird Stats:
  • Length = 3250 mm
  • Wing span = 1730 mm
  • Powered by twin AMT Olympus RC Jet Turbine Engines
  • Thrust @ S.T.P. 190 N/19.4kg @110,000 RPM
  • 42.7 Lbf @ 110,000 RPM
  • Max RPM 112,000
  • Burns 19 ounces of fuel per minute at 42.7 Lbf

Wow! If the guy wasn't standing behind it, you would swear it was real....

Amazing!

For the vid to the awesome, it would have had to crash and burn 6 Million Dollar Man style when it came in for a landing.

Did you ever see the last flight of the giant B-52? 30 grand in a smoldering heap, 16 thousand dollars worth of turbines. Gone.

Mack Hodges has rebuilt his scratch built giant B-29 twice, and it's being rebuilt again for the third time, hopefully it's done before I get to Joe Nall this year. Nowhere near as expensive as the B-52, but it's got four DA 100s on it, and carries a scale X1 rocket powered glider. The routine he does is really amazing.

Did you ever see the last flight of the giant B-52? 30 grand in a smoldering heap, 16 thousand dollars worth of turbines. Gone.

Mack Hodges has rebuilt his scratch built giant B-29 twice, and it's being rebuilt again for the third time, hopefully it's done before I get to Joe Nall this year. Nowhere near as expensive as the B-52, but it's got four DA 100s on it, and carries a scale X1 rocket powered glider. The routine he does is really amazing.
And they say that guys that build scale trail trucks are crazy...

Agreed whole heartedly hamz. But, having been at the flying club now for a few weeks, I can see the draw of the giant scale stuff. BUT, there does come a point where just like anything, unless your loaded, it becomes a point of ever increasing diminished returns.

I was flying for MANY years before I got into ground RC. It's still an addiction, just a more damaging drug.
We're used to some mayhem and carnage, but when a wood framed plane goes in there's usually no way to salvage much. You can pull the servos out, but that's about all that still works.

Back