Hpi savage x clutch bell issue

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigggben1985

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I had just put the steel 47 tooth spur gear on my savage x 4.6 and it are my clutch bell. I know on the hpi web site you need to use the racing clutch bells but don't know which number of teeth I should get. Which one should I get from 13-20?

i am running a 19/47 but i like anything from 17-19 on the clutch bell. Buy a hardened clutch bell gear or you'll be shredding the stock one real soon with that steel spur gear. Steel ones are stronger but i like the $3 price tag of the pastic ones, at that price i'll shred them all day long :)

i am running a 19/47 but i like anything from 17-19 on the clutch bell. Buy a hardened clutch bell gear or you'll be shredding the stock one real soon with that steel spur gear. Steel ones are stronger but i like the $3 price tag of the pastic ones, at that price i'll shred them all day long :)
Wow where did you find that price at? But the racing bells are suppose to be harder thanks

Hpi racing clutch bells are harder, and they are vented, which is a good idea if you clutch pads are melting.

If you were happy with the speed before your break down, then just get a replacement in the same size you just broke, but in the racing version.

i usually order 5-10 of them and that helps offest the $3 shipping charge.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Latest-HPI-...147?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a45d85de3

Hpi racing clutch bells are harder, and they are vented, which is a good idea if you clutch pads are melting.

If you were happy with the speed before your break down, then just get a replacement in the same size you just broke, but in the racing version.
That's exactly what i would do.

So many things break i have just kept it mostly stock because it rolls,flips,tumbles,climbs,falls,jumps, (you get the point) so i enjoy having several of the parts available and at a good price. i am a basher so perfomance is important but maintenence needs to be fast,cheap and easy. i want the best tune i can get but under the conditions i drive in things happen that can effect perfomance like dust in the carb and engine and dirt in the clutch bearings. The changes i made that really made a difference for me was the heavy duty clutch bell gear,and hardened steel 29/9 differentials/pinion gears and a strong steering servo. other than that she is mostly stock and i even removed the steel spur gear because the added weight felt different, not in a bad way but just different so i am back to plastic. if i were racing my attitude would change :)

Last edited: