Alexander's wraith

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty much.....I like to think of it as correcting the issues that the exo cage has...like battery removability, full interior, locked transmission, not to mention the aftermarket parts associated with the wraith cage.....,although I do miss having a wraith with solid axles, I think my next project will incorporate a set of SCX axles that I acquired in a trade.

Oh, I received a few packages in the mail during the week, what do you guys think? Do 1.9s look too small?

image.jpg

Questions:

How many wires can I bundle together before RF becomes an issue?
Can I use 22 gauge speaker wire to extend the +/- on my bec?

Questions:

How many wires can I bundle together before RF becomes an issue?
Can I use 22 gauge speaker wire to extend the +/- on my bec?
It depends on which wires you're bundling on the RF issue. I would also use something heavier in gauge for the BEC wires,

How much bigger?

So far the wire I've bundled are, the brake lights, the reverse lights, motor wires (A,B,C), and my sensor cable...those run along the chassis under the interior.

The next wires I have bundled are the +/-/signal wires of my bec, and the servo wires...this set is running parallel with the 5000 mAh lipo under the hood. I left the ESC wires that plug into the ESC singular.....because I didn't really have enough of it to tie it to the cage anywhere safely, so it runs inside the interior on the drivers side.

Last edited:
What is your BEC rated at? That determines the gauge of wire needed. I would not bundle anything with the motor supply wires (the A, B, C wires). Other than that there shouldn't be any problems.

Hey guys, I just noticed that the crappy transmitter I picked up had its dual rate dial turned up when I calibrated my wraith to it, should I be worrying. The crappy transmitter in question is a LSR-3000, and the more I think about it the more I get concerned.

I'm just about ready to buy myself a futaba, more like 1/4 of the retail price tag away,.... yes I'm saving for the 4px, even though that might change while I'm eyeing the 4pl.

Lastly do you guys have a line on some shocks: 110mm eye to eye, 12mm-12.5 max.

I'm running the King Piggy-back shocks from RC4WD.com. A bit pricy, but look really great scale-wise. The only thing is I'm having to run 80 and 90 wt shock oil due to the size of the piston and the holes in relation to the size of the shock body.

I love my Futaba 4PLS, best radio I've ever owned. What is the second measurement on the shocks you're asking about? Have you looked into the Pro Line powerstrokes?

Sorry, I didn't pre-read my post, the 12-12.5mm is the OD, also I have full sets of both the front slash powerstrokes (19mm OD), and a full set of scale powerstrokes (14mm OD).

As for the radio I have to do another comparison read, definitely futaba, although maybe you can clarify somethings for me...1). Does that receiver in your wraith accept power from any of the channels, or do I need to utilize the 4ch for power, and 2). How many steps can be programmed into channel 3, and 4 from you 4PLS.

I'm running the King Piggy-back shocks from RC4WD.com. A bit pricy, but look really great scale-wise. The only thing is I'm having to run 80 and 90 wt shock oil due to the size of the piston and the holes in relation to the size of the shock body.

I was kinda thinking the same thing, more like eyeing them for my next purchase, gotta replace the rebuildable super punisher I was talked out of, well more I felt sorry for a guy, and he paid the the exchange rate price.

First outside pic! On rock monster internal beadlocks/pitbull growlers/crawler innovations deuces wild single stage closed cell foams.

image.jpg

I power mine via the ESC on CH2 no different than any other electric rig as channels 3&4 are for other things on my rig. Not sure what you mean by steps? If you mean setting up channels three and four for running things like winches and lights, then yes it's no problem at all. I have my high / low range shift button right under my thumb, and my winch, light bar, and rock lights are on rocker switches. also near the thumb. There's also a built in three position sliding switch, I simply prefer the other buttons. The programming available to you makes it a very versatile system.

OK I'll try to elaborate, and bring a bit more info to the table, heyok sold me a light controller with dual 12v outputs, one for my 5" light bar, and one for the he Q series. each output has a dimmer function, so I'm not blinding everyone and melting my roof off, now I'm suppose to be able to switch them from dim to bright with a switch, or a button from the transmitter...OK, good, got it! but since I have neither the 4px, nor the 4pls I'm trying to get a wee bit more info on the button set up. The futaba guy I got a hold of mentioned that I could program steps into the 3,and 4 channels from the screen of the 4px presumed.

So, today I took the wraith out for run, and I gotta say this HH outrunner (14 pole) isn't the fastest thing around, but it sure does have torque...loads of torque, so much torque that it's a bit too much for my RRP slipper, and I guess it's smooth?

I'm considering these a remedy/bandage.....what ever you like.

Part #1558: http://www.robinsonracing.com/catalog/scorpion.html
This: http://www.lockeduprc.com/Slipper-Eliminator-Kit--Aluminum_p_88.html
These (F/R): http://www.bluemonkeyrc.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=104_105&products_id=378

I'm just waiting for an e-mail to see if the first two parts will fit each other.
With that I can post pone my radio purchase for a few more weeks, even though I now have receivers for it.

Last edited:
Thats a nice set up you have there. What tires are they? LEDS are bright. When I get more time I need to read more on how you got them that bright.

Is that rear panel air brushed in post #4?

Last edited:
The tires on my wraith on the t.v stand are U4s, by voodoo, on vp kmc enduros, w/CFM true cans.

The tires in the pic with snow are pit bull growlers on rock monster internal beadlocks, by TSS (the scale shop).

They both sport crawler innovations foams.

The lights are MORE/VP, a 5" on the roof, and a pair of Q series in the bumper, they came that bright.

No, the whole body is covered with internal skins by Krawlerkonceptz, they are one off, if you call them and present a pic of something you'd like or a pic that moved you, they will come up with something unique for you while incorporating your idea, in any colors you like, mine are also reflective, so when someone else's lights hit my wraith it sparkles.

I don't get a discount from either of these vendors, but I do get a thank you for a referral...

You won't find too much info in my thread, the rig was long finished before I started the thread.

TSS: The scale shop.
CFM: carter fab machines
VP: vanquish products
C.I: crawler innovations

Last edited:
Back