Trophy 3.5

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i either lost the rear brake cam bushing or forgot to put it in when i rebuilt the center diff a couple days ago. huh, pain in the neck part to find individually (without the pins and cams) but i ordered some anyways and found some individuals from Ofna that i ordered from Amain. i was going to clean the engine but i couldn't pull the carb off. maybe i need to heat it a little?
heating it should work.

it seemed stuck, i could twist it from left to right though so i know it will pop soon i just hate pulling on the carb really hard. Saul good though.

telemetry is where you have the speed, motor RPM, Voltage of your lipo/rx battery and things like that displayed on the TX.

here's a little stop a made while going to the store. The cops pulled in and politely asked me to leave the site :)

a couple more minutes and a quick jump :)

here's a little stop a made while going to the store. The cops pulled in and politely asked me to leave the site :)

a couple more minutes and a quick jump :)

Shame.....I'd kill to have a place like that round here...

IMG_1432.JPG
IMG_1426.JPG
IMG_1427.JPG
IMG_1425.JPG
IMG_1428.JPG
checking out the Traxxas trailor with my brother.

they do make a stock 3 shoe clutch for the trophy 3.5 it's for the D8S. i looked everywhere and all i could find was for the Savage. I will be purchasing an LRP Z.32 for it because i destroyed the 3.5 by running it too hot. i also have purchased a ton of new parts for it just to have around.

they do make a stock 3 shoe clutch for the trophy 3.5 it's for the D8S. i looked everywhere and all i could find was for the Savage. I will be purchasing an LRP Z.32 for it because i destroyed the 3.5 by running it too hot. i also have purchased a ton of new parts for it just to have around.
Cool, Didn't know that. Thanks for the info!

yeah and i found a new F3.5 for 135 shipped so i am gonna stay with that engine.

yeah and i found a new F3.5 for 135 shipped so i am gonna stay with that engine.
Nice, it is a great engine- I mean I've had mine for a while- it's been battered like hell but it still runs great!

So i found that when i changed the cooling head i must have left the shims out and the piston was slamming against the top seal plate in my motor which eventually started to break the piston under the head where it swivels and thats where the metal shards are coming from. i bought a new engine alreadybut would like to rebuild the old one for fun but i can't get the carb out anymore and the sleeve isn't budging. i may try to heat it up but i don't know if that will help or not. It sucks to know i broke it by error and not by bashing like i previously had thought.

Also i started building a dirt stunt track at the park by my house. they have enormous piles of dirt in the back and i have been busting my ass with a shovel to shape them into a pretty cool bashing spot. i will post pictures and video of it soon.

i have been using the Savage to test it out :)

Last edited:
So i found that when i changed the cooling head i must have left the shims out and the piston was slamming against the top seal plate in my motor which eventually started to break the piston under the head where it swivels and thats where the metal shards are coming from. i bought a new engine alreadybut would like to rebuild the old one for fun but i can't get the carb out anymore and the sleeve isn't budging. i may try to heat it up but i don't know if that will help or not. It sucks to know i broke it by error and not by bashing like i previously had thought.

Also i started building a dirt stunt track at the park by my house. they have enormous piles of dirt in the back and i have been busting my ass with a shovel to shape them into a pretty cool bashing spot. i will post pictures and video of it soon.

I really like the sound of a backyard trrack...

P.S the "bit under the head where it swivels" is called the gudgeon pin, which has the con-rod attached to it, which then attaches to the crankshaft...

I really like the sound of a backyard track...

P.S the "bit under the head where it swivels" is called the gudgeon pin, which has the con-rod attached to it, which then attaches to the crankshaft...

Check it out! 3 shoe clutch and new F3.5 engine.. Happy Happy Happy!
IMG_1535.JPG
IMG_1536.JPG

i also just purchased a new radio and reciever for it and my NTC3. the Spur gear sits a little further back than it did with the original engine. It doesn't look like it is going to be an issue though.
i get my stuff from Dollarhobbyz and their prices are great but i don't know about in the UK.

Back