Thoughts on gas buggies?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jk6672

RCTalk Talkaholic
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I haven't been into buggies in a few years. I went from nitro to electric before I ventured off into planes.
I'm wondering how these gas buggies are doing. I see Losi has a 1/8 truggy and buggy gas.

IDK about buggies but I knwo the 1/8 scale monster trucks that have gas engines seem to be having a lot of problems. I think I'm gonna wait for the second generation or maybe even 3rd.

Just so you know jk the engine is a dynamite one,hpi also recently are using one but I can't remember what company is producing that one

A guy actually showed up at the track yesterday with a gas 8th scale truggy. I immediately asked how it ran etc. and he said it ran super well. I gave my e-buggy a break and out accelerated, out braked, and out steered him every time with my nitro truggy. Just too heavy to keep up with me, and wasn't making nearly enough power with a .32 motor against my .21 nitro. I think we're a long way from seeing a gasser that's track ready against anything other than other gassers.

Thanks for the heads up

Back