Melted slippers

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saltykillswitch

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I got my new 3.3 today and got it installed into my 2.5 4910. When doing the break in i made it to the 5th tank of fuel. When the middle of the spur melted out of it. Is there a upgradded slipper and spur for the black trans?

Best to fix the problem your having now!..if your melting spurs thru the break in process you have a seriously loose slipper,..and yes there is an upgrade

It was tight and barely loosened so it wasn't maxed out and had 12 pegs in it

[QUOTE="hotrodrob, post: 1084160, member: 28886
Hey guys sorry to but in but is that why my truck won't engage?i changed the bell clutch pads and spring to day but have no power only revs really high.everything is spinning nicely but can't put power to spur gear.i can spin spur gear with my finger and truck wants to roll. I've had it apart so many times but can't figure it out. I even put in old bell clutch pad but nothing. Ideas? Sorry new to this online help thing. Thanks.

Do you have the clutch pads on the right direction? I believe they should be thick side up. Is the truck the 4910 black trans?

The clutch shoes can be orientated in either a leading edge or trailing edge configuration.
Leading edge will get you more bite but also more wear.

What model truck do you have? 4910(black trany), 4909, 4908, 4907(grey trany).
Is it forward only or does it have reverse?

Do you have the clutch pads on the right direction? I believe they should be thick side up. Is the truck the 4910 black trans?
Hey thanks for the reply. I'll have to check when I get home,but it's the 4907 grey trams. But you got two identical pads so one goes right side up and the other upside down. You are talking about the bell clutch right?
The clutch shoes can be orientated in either a leading edge or trailing edge configuration.

thanks for the info I'll have to check the orientation of pads,was unaware of the info. It's the 4907, forward only.

Hey salty..I'm not trying to tell ya you don't know what your doing or anything like that but maybe you were mistaken on the slipper adjustment? Somehow?..the only time I've ever melted one like that was with a bb/black tranny and I was beating on it,in order for it to melt there has to be an excessive amount of heat,in order to get that heat there it has to be slipping in an excessive amount,there's no 2 ways about it,and the fact that this happened during break in shouldn't be because @ tank 4 you should still be around halve throttling!......
The only other thing I can even fathom is that the slipper pegs are so worn that the 2 sandwiching plates are actually touching the spur

Thanks nitro,can you make these out?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 178
Yup, that's in the leaning orientation. It's how I run mine, more bite then the trailing edge install, but Traxxas clutches are cheap & I keep 2 or 3 extras in my go box.

trailing_edge.jpg

leading_edge.jpg

As long as your tune is close, the clutch is free to work likes it's supposed to you should be putting power to the spur.

You do have slippers spring/bevel washers installed correctly right?
They should be installed like this, ( ), not like this, ) (.

Same exact thing happened to me when i was breaking mine in!

Come to find out that The nut had loosened up on me a bit and it was on my 5th tank when you go full throttle. Got it changed and works good now. Thing runs great just trying to still find that sweet spot that will make it stand up.

Come to find out that The nut had loosened up on me a bit and it was on my 5th tank when you go full throttle. Got it changed and works good now. Thing runs great just trying to still find that sweet spot that will make it stand up.
Hey everyone thanks so much for all the help and input you shared with me. For someone's first time doing this forum stuff it was a great help. Come to find out my pin in the primary shaft was split in three.