Twisted Hobbys 32" EPP MXS-C

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMaxxin

SLAP YA MAMA
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I'm going to attempt to build and fly my fist airplane kit, this should be interesting. This is considered to be an extreme 3D plane and I am very far from being a 3D pilot, so there should be a few good laughs in the future. I'll do my best to post pics as I build it and possibly a very bad video of the maiden voyage.

I ordered the kit with the standard power package, props and HD prop savers for 3s use.

Twisted%20package_zpsjrrhydpl.jpg

It's my first airplane kit. I've had several warbirds and my current plane, an eflite Edge 540qq, it's also a 3d plane but not nearly like this one! From what I have read and seen this plate on low rates can be very slow and easy to fly, I plane on teaching my son with this one once I have it set up

This was my 10th flight with the little Edge with 5-mph wind

Last edited:
It's my first airplane kit. I've had several warbirds and my current plane, an eflite Edge 540qq, it's also a 3d plane but not nearly like this one! From what I have read and seen this plate on low rates can be very slow and easy to fly, I plane on teaching my son with this one once I have it set up

This was my 10th flight with the lotte Edge with 5-mph wind

Gotcha, I thought it was your first plane overall. Nice flying BTW, and I see what you did there. :D

After 9 days of agony it might be ready to crash tomorrow. if it's not too windy I'll try to get a video.

It's fully built but one servo is twitching like crazy...no test flight today

I finally found my box of plane parts and there are several servos from previous crashes. It's fully functional now but theres a stiff 15 mph wind right now. If I had found this box before I ordered the plane I could have saved $80.00 but thats not the kind of luck I have!

Big deal. Once it's a few hundred feet up you'll never hear it. I'm sure it doesn't control anything important, anyway.

I was thinking the same thing, the rudder fluttering back and forth wouldn't too bad.

After 9 days of agony it might be ready to crash tomorrow. if it's not too windy I'll try to get a video.
That's why I don't fly any more. I loved building balsa kits but the only thing I got good at was crashing.

Right at dark the wind died down enough to test it and everything worked as it should except for the pilot...I made a perfect landing into a bush, luckily no damage. It is super aggressive, I'm going to have to numb the sticks a little before the next flight.

Have you flown it yet? The Twisted Hobby's planes are great! very durable too for new pilots with big learning curves. I don't have the MXS, it's next on my list of TH planes, I do have the Crack Yak, Crack Yak super lite, Crack Pitts, Slick, and just about finished building the 39" Edge.

I got two pack through it a few minutes ago and it was a blast! I'm going to need a lot of practice with this one.

Cool, I just came back from 8 packs thru the CYSL. Are you using 2s or 3s? I use 2s on the super lite and 3s on the standard 32's. stay above some grass (tall preferably) while learning because road rash if tough on the EPP.

I'm using 450 3s packs on it with the recomended 8x4.3 prop.

It was a nice calm morning perfect for flying so I took it out again and I'm really struggling getting used to how agile it is! The rudder is really whats giving me trouble, I'm just not used to having to use it this much. I have done basic thing with the 540qq but the size of the control surfaces and amount of authority they have on the msx is just silly in comparison. I put it nose first at wot into the top of my shed, I was very impressed with how little damage there was, it broke the prop and a small tear right behind the motor. A little glue and a new prop and shes ready to go!

crash_zpsbmuj9vc4.jpg

Cool, I just came back from 8 packs thru the CYSL. Are you using 2s or 3s? I use 2s on the super lite and 3s on the standard 32's. stay above some grass (tall preferably) while learning because road rash if tough on the EPP.

I can fly it around no problem but I'm having trouble with the simplest maneuvers, I was attempting a knife edge when I stuck it to the roof of the shed. Any advice to help me not kill it before I get the hang of it...particular videos to watch? Thanks

Last edited: