Flywheel spinning but no power to spur

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrdavis72

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
I replaced my bell clutch and spring but can't get bell to turn spur gear only revs high. It's driving me crazy even put old clutch pads in and same thing,any ideas?

Is your clutch bell spinning? Will the spur move if you have all four tires up in the air?

Is your clutch bell spinning? Will the spur move if you have all four tires up in the air?
Clutch bell is not spinning freely as it is engaged with the spur gear.i can get a small bit of movement when I first apply throttle but then revs out

You may want to pull the motor out and see if the the clutchbell spins freely also make sure that the clutch shoes and springs are installed correctly. While you have it out turn the spur gear by hand to make sure you do not have any binding anywhere in the drive train.

What was the original problem that made you change the clutch out?

Clutch bell is not spinning freely as it is engaged with the spur gear.i can get a small bit of movement when I first apply throttle but then revs out
You may want to pull the motor out and see if the the clutchbell spins freely also make sure that the clutch shoes and springs are installed correctly. While you have it out turn the spur gear by hand to make sure you do not have any binding anywhere in the drive train.

What was the original problem that made you change the clutch out?
Was running it one day when across the parking lot it just reved and didn't go anywhere. So upon inspection everything seemed to be functioning, figured it was clutch spring .took the bell off and it was stretched big time and pads were worn so much that you could see where they were sliding under bell a bit.
So now got motor out (again lol) bell spins like a top. Truck is elevated wheels off ground can spin spur with finger and wheels will turn.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 213
Yep I would say they where shot when you put it back together again make sure your mesh is good and then spin the spur gear by hand see if it all moves, clutch bell spur and rear wheels. Did you mess with the slipper at all could be loose slipper nut or wore our slipper pad, the pad on the back of the spur gear.

Was running it one day when across the parking lot it just reved and didn't go anywhere. So upon inspection everything seemed to be functioning, figured it was clutch spring .took the bell off and it was stretched big time and pads were worn so much that you could see where they were sliding under bell a bit.
So now got motor out (again lol) bell spins like a top. Truck is elevated wheels off ground can spin spur with finger and wheels will turn.
They mesh up perfect,when I turn spur gear bell spins too but obviously fly wheel doesn't. The wheels will turn but almost like some resistance cause certain points spur handspring to it,if your finger slips off spur it will spin backwards.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 229
Back